I hope that someone can help me here.
When I was a litttle kid, in 1965, my mom and I would visit my great aunt at a nursing home that was up the hill
and just west from Fontenelle Blvd. and Ames street. If you look on that plot of land now you see fairly new homes, so that tells
me that I have the location right. I can't remember the name of the place. I once found pictures of it on a web page that has pictures
of area buildings including the club at 84th and Center that is now the Tangier Shrine.
I'm doing some family research since my mom's family (Callahans) had lived in Omaha since 1900.
Thanks
1960's Nursing home near Ames and Fontenelle Blvd.
-
Pat-in-Omaha
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 pm
- Location: Omaha
-
advcomp2019
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
1960's Nursing home near Ames and Fontenelle Blvd.
From what I found on this pdf file from omahachamber.org, the name was Fontenelle View retirement home. I don't know if there was other names, but I hope it helps.
-
Guest
1960's Nursing home near Ames and Fontenelle Blvd.
Thanks for the reply, but that isn't what I'm looking for.
I remember it as being called St. Vincent's, but my mom may have had it wrong.
I will keep looking. Thanks again.
I remember it as being called St. Vincent's, but my mom may have had it wrong.
I will keep looking. Thanks again.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
1960's Nursing home near Ames and Fontenelle Blvd.
St. Vincent's. I worked there as a volunteer back in the 1970s.
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
1960's Nursing home near Ames and Fontenelle Blvd.
I asked about (what I believe) was the same exact building, several years ago. I believe it was, in fact, St. Vincents. You can see the thread here.
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... highlight=
My Tuesday, August 31, 2010 post contains pictures past and present of the area, which might be of help to you.
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... highlight=
My Tuesday, August 31, 2010 post contains pictures past and present of the area, which might be of help to you.
-
Pat-in-Omaha
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 pm
- Location: Omaha
1960's Nursing home near Ames and Fontenelle Blvd.
That's it. St. Vincents. My Great Uncle and Great Aunt were there in 1965.
Thanks. I wasn't sure that I had the name right.
Thanks. I wasn't sure that I had the name right.