Best Buy @60th and Ames
-
muszical
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:16 am
Best Buy @60th and Ames
I keep hearing Best Buy is going in where Tires Plus was at 60th and Ames. Has anyone else heard this?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036557
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Best Buy @60th and Ames
Isn't best buy closing stores?muszical wrote:I keep hearing Best Buy is going in where Tires Plus was. Has anyone else heard this?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
- Location: Boston
Best Buy @60th and Ames
A tires plus? I'm not familiar with the store or brand, but that seems awfully small for an electronics store...
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036557
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Best Buy @60th and Ames
Its a 34,000 SQ FT Building on a 3.1 Acre lot. Plenty of room. I am assuming if this is true, they would demolish the old building. It looks straight out of the 60's.RNcyanide wrote:A tires plus? I'm not familiar with the store or brand, but that seems awfully small for an electronics store...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
advcomp2019
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:23 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Best Buy @60th and Ames
I understand they might want to replace the store near Crossroads because of the remodel of Crossroads, but 60th and Ames sounds like it is in the middle of no where for a Best Buy.
-
cdub
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 pm
- Location: Tempe. AZ
Best Buy @60th and Ames
No way that 60th and Ames is a reasonable replacement for Dodge St. Id be surprised if they let the crossroads area go unserved though.advcomp2019 wrote:I understand they might want to replace the store near Crossroads because of the remodel of Crossroads, but 60th and Ames sounds like it is in the middle of no where for a Best Buy.
-
advcomp2019
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:23 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Best Buy @60th and Ames
For sure. It was just my idea that it might have been a replacement because with Crossroads might be coming down soon. In general, I still think 60th and Ames is in the middle of nowhere for a Best Buy still.cdub wrote:No way that 60th and Ames is a reasonable replacement for Dodge St. Id be surprised if they let the crossroads area go unserved though.advcomp2019 wrote:I understand they might want to replace the store near Crossroads because of the remodel of Crossroads, but 60th and Ames sounds like it is in the middle of no where for a Best Buy.
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Best Buy @60th and Ames
When is Best Buy's lease up at the 76th & Dodge location? The University Foundation did not let Hobby Lobby lease the old Bag 'n Save side of the building.advcomp2019 wrote:I understand they might want to replace the store near Crossroads because of the remodel of Crossroads, but 60th and Ames sounds like it is in the middle of no where for a Best Buy.
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Best Buy @60th and Ames
Frank Krejci did not let Hobby Lobby lease the Bag'n'Save space. The University Foundation owns the building (donated to them by the Lied Foundation), but my understanding was the original lease on the property was a 100 year lease by a trust (for a likely shocking minimal rental amount) and it granted the owner of Crossroads veto power over future Subleases. Thus Frank rejected Hobby Lobby.bbinks wrote:When is Best Buy's lease up at the 76th & Dodge location? The University Foundation did not let Hobby Lobby lease the old Bag 'n Save side of the building.advcomp2019 wrote:I understand they might want to replace the store near Crossroads because of the remodel of Crossroads, but 60th and Ames sounds like it is in the middle of no where for a Best Buy.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Best Buy @60th and Ames
http://www.omaha.com/article/20130313/MONEY/703139904
Ownership
1. Lied Foundation used to own the land.
2. Foundation granted land to the Med Center. The Med Center plans on keeping it as an investment.
Lease:
1. Alan Baer Revocable Trust had a 99 year lease on the land set to end in 2059.
2. Krejci purchased the lease from the trust, giving him control over current and future tenants.
Ownership
1. Lied Foundation used to own the land.
2. Foundation granted land to the Med Center. The Med Center plans on keeping it as an investment.
Lease:
1. Alan Baer Revocable Trust had a 99 year lease on the land set to end in 2059.
2. Krejci purchased the lease from the trust, giving him control over current and future tenants.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Guest
Best Buy @60th and Ames
76th & Dodge BBY lease isn't up until 2017. The rumor has been that they will either remain at the new crossroads or relocate very close by. I can assure you that there are no plans for a store at 60th & Ames.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Best Buy @60th and Ames
The image of "Hard Core Pawn" pops into my head when I think of an electronics store at 60th and Ames.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Best Buy @60th and Ames
I've been to the Hardcore Pawn store. They make it sound like "Deep in the heart of Detroit's 8 Mile Road" is somehow a bad place to go. 8 Mile road is the divider between Detroit (Wayne County) and Oakland County. It's a very commercial street. The clientele is "interesting" but nothing crazier than any other pawn shop, Omaha, Detroit or anywhere else. For what it's worth, the show is staged. Those on the show are mic'd up.S33 wrote:The image of "Hard Core Pawn" pops into my head when I think of an electronics store at 60th and Ames.
On the other hand, it's a fun show to watch. I just can't see Best Buy opening a new store when they are downsizing a bunch of the current ones.
-
Guest
Best Buy @60th and Ames
If I were a resident of Detroit, I'd be a little ticked off with how the show depicts that portion of the city. It's terrible, really, and they portray the customers as the biggest scumbags.Bob from Omaha wrote:I've been to the Hardcore Pawn store. They make it sound like "Deep in the heart of Detroit's 8 Mile Road" is somehow a bad place to go. 8 Mile road is the divider between Detroit (Wayne County) and Oakland County. It's a very commercial street. The clientele is "interesting" but nothing crazier than any other pawn shop, Omaha, Detroit or anywhere else. For what it's worth, the show is staged. Those on the show are mic'd up.S33 wrote:The image of "Hard Core Pawn" pops into my head when I think of an electronics store at 60th and Ames.
On the other hand, it's a fun show to watch. I just can't see Best Buy opening a new store when they are downsizing a bunch of the current ones.
I'm actually relieved that the show is staged. I started watching it when it first came on the air, but the sibling feud became a bit too much to watch.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Best Buy @60th and Ames
^forgot to log in
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill