I don't know how many times I have passed up this food truck, usually parked in the NW corner of Canfield's parking lot, but I finally decided to try this out today. Today's special was Stuffed Bell Peppers (stuffed with ground pork, chicken and beef) with Mac & Cheese, peas and a small salad for only $8.00. It was pretty tasty and seasoned like you would want it in New Orleans, it might be a little more reasoned than some would like. 11:30 - 5:30 Tuesday thru Saturday. Friday's special is Gumbo, which I will try soon.
Chef Lee is from New Orleans and it sounds like he would like to start a brick and mortar shop sometime in the future.
(Abita Springs Mardi Gras Bock is from my reserves...)
Daily: Jambalaya, grill pork loin sandwich, pulled chicken sandwich...
Friday's: catfish or Shrimp Po Boys.
He's trying to find good oysters, told him I need me some oyster Rockefeller...
nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm
Looks like per their Facebook post this morning that that Taste Of New Orleans Food truck is down for the count.
thenewguy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:27 pm
Saw they posted a listing on FB that they are serving food from 11a-8p. Anyone know where? They left that part out
Fairly sure they their main stay is the Benson Ted and Wally’s.
It is in the bricks and mortar place in Benson. I spoke to them last week. I had a huge lunch at their food truck at Canfield’s (no longer a Canfield’s there, but whatever). They lasted the autumn but once the weather dips down to near freezing they told me the truck won’t be out.
The food is delicious, by the way.
Established Food Truck Business for Sale at $79,000. Are You Prepared to Launch a Food Truck Venture? We Have Successfully Operated Our Business for Over 13 Years, Specializing in Authentic Cajun/Creole Cuisine as the Only Food Truck of Its Kind in the City. This Business Opportunity Offers a Quick Return on Investment, Which Can Be Recovered Within Three Months. The Purchase Price Includes Everything Required to Initiate Operations, Including a Solid Customer Base, Website, Marketing Strategy, and Designated Parking Spots Throughout the City and Surrounding Areas. A Taste of New Orleans is a Well-Established and Reputable Food Truck Business. With the Purchase of This Business, You'll Receive All Recipes, Training, Introduction to All Distributors and Contacts for All Events and Festivals in Omaha and Surrounding Areas. The Truck Comes With 2 40lb Deep Fryers, 3 Well Steam Table, Oversized 3 Compartment Sink, Hand Sink, Deep Freezer, Fridge/Freezer Combo, 2 Stainless Steel Prep Tables, 6ft hood with Vent,Ansol System,Roof AC Unit,7500 Watts Generator That's Mounted On Truck, Fresh Water and Grey Water Tanks. This Truck Is Ready to Go and Is a Guaranteed Money Maker. If Interested, Please Contact Me Directly or Call 402-972-5614. Thank You and Have a Blessed Day!!! G.O.E.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
I haven't hit up their food truck since like 2016. I remember being a little disappointed as the day I stopped by it seemed like they were relying a little too heavily on their deep fryer. Everything on their menu that day was fried. Also, i balked at how small a portion of fried okra they served me for the price. It was all pretty tasty, but lacking variety and not a particular good value. That was years ago. I'm sure they've evolved the business since then, but I can only shudder thinking at what they charge now. I'm not the only one to lament the fact that food trucks stopped being an affordable option (with the exception usually being immigrant-owned taco trucks).