Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by skinzfan23 »

A few pictures from my recent trip to Colorado:

1.
Image

2.
Image

3.
Image

4.
Image

5.
Image

6.
Image

7.
Image

8.
Image

9.
Image

10.
Image

11.
Image

12.
Image

13.
Image

14.
Image

15.
Image

16.
Image

17.
Image

18.
Image
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036612
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by Brad »

Looks like an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing!
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by Coyote »

Nice. I see you got up to Estes, is that the RMNP you drove through then?
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:Nice. I see you got up to Estes, is that the RMNP you drove through then?
Yes we went to the Apline Lodge and visitor center, which is the highest building of its kind in the national parks. The elevation there is 11,796 ft. Overall, it was a fantastic trip.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by Coyote »

I thought you might have gone up to the Lodge. Did you buy any spoons? (Sorry, family joke)
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by skinzfan23 »

Coyote wrote:I thought you might have gone up to the Lodge. Did you buy any spoons? (Sorry, family joke)
Funny you ask, my mother in law has a ton of them but I don't think she did.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1573
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:58 pm

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by ShawJ »

Nice. Really great picture of the elk.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by skinzfan23 »

Thanks, I can't wait to go back out there. We loved everything we saw from our trip. As I stated earlier, agreeing with Brad, if I didn't love Omaha so much and have family here, I think we would definitely be moving to the Denver area.
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4891
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

Re: Denver, Golden and the Colorado Rockies

Post by Linkin5 »

To me, Denver proper is awful but I would love to be in Golden or up in the mountains.