
View of Traffic on Dodge in 1964.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11634
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
View of Traffic on Dodge in 1964.
Saw this picture in the World Herald: I wonder if that was a regular day, or if there was a special event going on. I wish we would see traffic like that on some of the downtown streets now. I have always wondered if all the lanes were ever used. Many of the downtown streets have four lanes of traffic and one lane of parking on each side. Obviously, it helps when you still had major retail in downtown like Pennys in the background. Hopefully some day we can again.


-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: View of Traffic on Dodge in 1964.
Notice very little foot traffic... Must have been after a Creighton game at the Civic... 