North Omaha Dining?

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

North Omaha Dining?

Post by Busguy2010 »

Me and my friends have been to Jim's Rib Haven and Timeout Chicken and they are both great. We have pondered how many people will never taste these joints, and we are looking for suggestions of other "unique to north omaha" restaurants to try.

Anybody know of any more delicious treats there are for us to discover?
choke
Human Relations
Posts: 696
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:46 pm
Location: North Omaha

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by choke »

I do know that I was just thinking about the spicy sauce at Jim's Rib Haven. It'll light you up!
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by Coyote »

Off the top of my head:

Big Mama's
Sage Bistro
Fat Shack BBQ
Enzo's
Mouth of the South
Harold's
Finicky Frank's
User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:59 am

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

Coyote wrote:Off the top of my head:

Big Mama's
Sage Bistro
Fat Shack BBQ
Enzo's
Mouth of the South
Harold's
Finicky Frank's
You guys should do a forum meet up at Big Mama's Kitchen because the food is great and I doubt it would cost much to rent it out.
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

There is Ramona's (although I hear it's closing)..

And OJ's, Skeets BBQ, Bill's BBQ etc...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by nativeomahan »

Ramona's closed several months back.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nativeomahan wrote:Ramona's closed several months back.
Shame. I had heard it was closing.. They used to have a cheeseburger and fries on their menu. The burger was a pound and 1/2 of meat. A carnivores delight...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4891
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by Linkin5 »

Canton House at 90th and Fort, easily best dim sum is Omaha.
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by Uffda »

I haven't been to Tussy's in quite a while but it was good when I was there.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by Coyote »

Uffda wrote:I haven't been to Tussy's in quite a while but it was good when I was there.
I forgot about Tussey's since I haven't been there in years.
When thinking of that Cubby's area I always think about the Cabin B&G,
Which many friends rave about, but the only time I went there it was a disaster...
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: North Omaha Dining?

Post by nativeomahan »

Sadly, Tussey’s announced in an email yesterday that their chef is retiring, and accordingly at the end of October the restaurant will close. We just ate dinner there two nights ago and the food remains phenomenal. The house made Key Lime Pie is not to be skipped!