4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10821
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by iamjacobm »

Sewer cut off permits and a fence around this building. Pretty strong signs of demo.

Image
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by MTO »

Where are all the preservationists? Oh right this ones not fashionable.
15-17, 26, 32
daveoma
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1213
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:18 am

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by daveoma »

iamjacobm wrote:Sewer cut off permits and a fence around this building. Pretty strong signs of demo.

Image
Where is this building?
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10821
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by iamjacobm »

Directly across from Noli's and Surly Chaps.
nebraska
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:12 pm
Location: Downtown

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by nebraska »

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.2580773 ... a=!3m1!1e3

I've walked past several times and noticed the inside being ripped out. I thought it was a renovation, but tear down now seems to be the case.

Douglas County shows the lot belonging to Clarkson. My best guess is... wait for it... parking lot!
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

iamjacobm wrote:Sewer cut off permits and a fence around this building. Pretty strong signs of demo.
As the poster above me says, this building was already gutted. There isn't much glass left on the building either. The inside is open to the elements.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 11:55 am
Location: Omaha

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by OmahaChef »

I thought this site is where the Women's Center for Advancement was moving? Oh wait....I am in the wrong block. Never mind!
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
nebraska
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:12 pm
Location: Downtown

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by nebraska »

Whatever the dealio, the old building is being knocked down as I type this:

Image
nebraska
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:12 pm
Location: Downtown

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by nebraska »

nebraska wrote:Whatever the dealio, the old building is being knocked down as I type this:

Image
Now it's all the way gone. But too cloudy today for a good picture...
User avatar
Taco
Human Relations
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by Taco »

The lot where the building was torn down next to the dialysis clinic no longer has a fence around it. Hopefully it's not turning into parking...
asherballa
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by asherballa »

Taco wrote:The lot where the building was torn down next to the dialysis clinic no longer has a fence around it. Hopefully it's not turning into parking...
This is the rare instance where I would be OK with parking going in though a parking garage that fits the area would be better IMO. Blackstone's development has far outpaced parking in the area--sure, there's a few lots you can sneak into but on busy nights it's open season for a limited supply of open meter or street parking.
User avatar
Taco
Human Relations
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by Taco »

I see the title for this thread has been changed to "parking lot". Is that true?
nebraska
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:12 pm
Location: Downtown

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by nebraska »

That would be an odd move, considering about 20 trees were planted there last Thursday or Friday.
User avatar
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board
Posts: 2191
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:00 pm

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

I remembered hearing a while back this plus the parking lot to the west would be the site of that rumored unmc hotel. That was a while ago tho. Clearly nothing eminent if they planted trees.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by Brad »

Taco wrote:I see the title for this thread has been changed to "parking lot". Is that true?
I thought I read that it was, but I just checked and there are no permits for anything but the demo. I'll fix it.
F0R_L1F3
Home Owners Association
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:24 am

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by F0R_L1F3 »

Image

No clue if this'll even happen but I saw this on a firm that I was looking at for another development and they said that it's an unannounced project with no information. But the building in the far back is up the corner at 40th and Farnarm on the northwestern corner. Image file also says 4016 Farnarm and the firm, Cadre A&D only just recently opened up in 2022 and have gotten on a decent roll with some projects such as a new TruHotel in Kearny. Maybe this'll happen?
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4709
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by Garrett »

Great find! That’s the sort of density the streetcar corridor needs. 8 floors and what looks like some underground parking and a rooftop amenity floor?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
skip
Library Board
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:36 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by skip »

amazing find! I've heard rumblings about a potential project on this corner the past couple months from my CRE friends. hoping this is the one!
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11641
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Garrett wrote: Sat May 10, 2025 6:46 pm Great find! That’s the sort of density the streetcar corridor needs. 8 floors and what looks like some underground parking and a rooftop amenity floor?
100%! I think that’s exactly the type of building the city wants especially right on the route.
User avatar
MadJack
Home Owners Association
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by MadJack »

Great detective work! I'm thinking someone at the architecture firm is going to be in trouble for allowing the street address to be part of the image given that the client is "confidential" and the location is "undisclosed."
F0R_L1F3
Home Owners Association
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:24 am

Re: 4016 Farnam Street (Building Demo)

Post by F0R_L1F3 »

MadJack wrote: Mon May 12, 2025 2:46 am Great detective work! I'm thinking someone at the architecture firm is going to be in trouble for allowing the street address to be part of the image given that the client is "confidential" and the location is "undisclosed."
:lol: Yeah. The firm is pretty new though and has been getting started on a lot of projects, they're pretty small in terms of their size also. Seems like they're really getting the ball going on projects.