This sounded like a bad set up all around. The marketing started off poorly, advertising $400 tickets to the event, when in fact that was a 3 day pass. Looks like it didn't turn out too well either. The director of the event got fired. The event was headlined by Kelly Clarkson and Maroon 5.
Kinda crazy when they lost more in a 3-day event then their entire budget for the whole year.
Why would they have it there -- Cedar Rapids, Iowa -- in the first place? And, honestly who would drive all that way to see Kelly Clarkson or Maroon 5? Maybe if you lived in Des Moines... It takes a band like U2 or Coldplay to make that drive from Omaha feel worth it, imo.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
RockHarbor wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:39 am
Why would they have it there -- Cedar Rapids, Iowa -- in the first place? And, honestly who would drive all that way to see Kelly Clarkson or Maroon 5? Maybe if you lived in Des Moines... It takes a band like U2 or Coldplay to make that drive from Omaha feel worth it, imo.
They had it there because the local people organised it. Easy enough to understand. Ever been to Cedar Rapids? Pretty nice place overall. Between CR, Iowa City,Waterloo/Cedar Falls there are plenty of people in their target. They were not looking for you to drive from Omaha.... Did you even see i promoted here?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
RockHarbor wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:39 am
Why would they have it there -- Cedar Rapids, Iowa -- in the first place? And, honestly who would drive all that way to see Kelly Clarkson or Maroon 5? Maybe if you lived in Des Moines... It takes a band like U2 or Coldplay to make that drive from Omaha feel worth it, imo.
They had it there because the local people organised it. Easy enough to understand. Ever been to Cedar Rapids? Pretty nice place overall. Between CR, Iowa City,Waterloo/Cedar Falls there are plenty of people in their target. They were not looking for you to drive from Omaha.... Did you even see i promoted here?
No, I didn't see it. Yes, I've been to "off the beaten path" Cedar Rapids when young. I like Cedar Rapids. And, I'm sorry, I just dont believe they plan a multiple big name artist "music fest" in Cedar Rapids (centralized just hours from Omaha, Des Moines, Quad Cities, Kansas City, and Minneapolis) and are looking just for concert goers and ticket sales from nearby Iowa towns.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.