Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
The Marylebone is now up for sale.
-
Taco
- Human Relations
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
New owners remodeled it but changed too much and it just isnt the same. Not surprised business is struggling.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
-
obvious2677
- Library Board
- Posts: 278
- Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
They painted over the Boulevard logo that I was paid to put on the side of the building during college - so this place can go away for all I care. HA
-
yman97
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Does anybody know if the new owners intend to reopen Marylebone? I noticed the FB page was taken down which makes me wonder.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
'We have some exciting plans': New owners to reopen Marylebone Pub
The longstanding Irish spot closed in March 2020
This was the last I have heard the Marylebone Pub…
-
yman97
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
It looks the building is available for lease as is the building to the east. Not sure what happened with the plan to reopen Marylebone.
-
yman97
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
I see that the old Marylebone has a sign on it for True American Bar and Spirits. Interesting name. Anybody know anything about this place?
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2147
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Thought I heard it was where Trump rallies would be taking placeyman97 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:24 pm I see that the old Marylebone has a sign on it for True American Bar and Spirits. Interesting name. Anybody know anything about this place?
-
swgiust
- Library Board
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:17 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Former head bartender/manager from Pitch in Dundee is opening a new bar in this spot. It is not a Trump rally location!
He wants a casual meeting place where you can get a beer or an elevated cocktail. Plans are for an outdoor patio and food trucks to rotate through. Look for the opening soon.
He wants a casual meeting place where you can get a beer or an elevated cocktail. Plans are for an outdoor patio and food trucks to rotate through. Look for the opening soon.
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Nah. You have to pass an 8th grade Civics exam to get in.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
If that’s the name I wonder if the owners considered what a divisive name that would be to call a bar and grill?
-
Flyer14
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 207
- Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:14 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
That seems like a reachnativeomahan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 pm If that’s the name I wonder if the owners considered what a divisive name that would be to call a bar and grill?
-
Flyer14
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 207
- Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:14 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Flyer14 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:04 amThat seems like a reachnativeomahan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 pm If that’s the name I wonder if the owners considered what a divisive name that would be to call a bar and grill?that means we have to assume that we know they are implying something, but if that’s how you want to look at it go ahead
-
MadJack
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 202
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:46 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Good griefnativeomahan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 pm If that’s the name I wonder if the owners considered what a divisive name that would be to call a bar and grill?
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
I know for me, its the sort of name I'm not likely to visit the place. Because it certainly has that nationalist ring to it, and I have no interest in being surrounded by open carry loons who are imbibing.Flyer14 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:04 amThat seems like a reachnativeomahan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 pm If that’s the name I wonder if the owners considered what a divisive name that would be to call a bar and grill?![]()
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
I guess you’d have to ask the owners for the meaning behind the name. Are they going to feature American spirits, wines and beers? Theme bars and restaurants are fine; I have no problem with that. If the name was intended to imply that only like-minded people are welcome, then he should expect some blowback. Regardless, from a purely marketing standpoint, the name is just plain dumb.
What, exactly, is a “True American”?
What, exactly, is a “True American”?
-
DasBoot
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:27 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Oh jeeznativeomahan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:54 pm If that’s the name I wonder if the owners considered what a divisive name that would be to call a bar and grill?
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4356
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
ricko wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:52 am I guess you’d have to ask the owners for the meaning behind the name. Are they going to feature American spirits, wines and beers? Theme bars and restaurants are fine; I have no problem with that. If the name was intended to imply that only like-minded people are welcome, then he should expect some blowback. Regardless, from a purely marketing standpoint, the name is just plain dumb.
What, exactly, is a “True American”?

Go Cubs Go
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2147
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Honestly if you choose that name you must have an idea as to the thoughts that will cross people's minds when they hear it.
Even if it features "American spirits, drinks, etc" I don't think the name conveys that intent.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but from a marketing standpoint it's not a good choice if you're not intentionally trying to cater to a certain clientel.
Even if it features "American spirits, drinks, etc" I don't think the name conveys that intent.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but from a marketing standpoint it's not a good choice if you're not intentionally trying to cater to a certain clientel.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
I think you are right on.djc311 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:39 pm Honestly if you choose that name you must have an idea as to the thoughts that will cross people's minds when they hear it.
Even if it features "American spirits, drinks, etc" I don't think the name conveys that intent.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but from a marketing standpoint it's not a good choice if you're not intentionally trying to cater to a certain clientel.
I mean, I've been to a place called "American Bar" in Japan, where no one spoke English to a decent degree, and it's fun and chinzty abroad.
But yeah, "True American Bar" feels iffy.
Also, its sort of weird that we have new and lowish post count accounts coming from nowhere to defend this name...
-
Bobs1981
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:18 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
I know the owner personally. Good dude. Makes a mean drink. The name started out as a joke from the TV show new girl. On the show they play a drinking game called true American where there are no rules and everyone gets hammered. From what I have gathered from him the bar is an ode to the 1970s. Ya know? Peace, love, rock n roll, funk, flash, style and unity. Something that we could all use a little more of in these crazy times we live in. If the name stops you from coming in, then I truly believe it will be your loss. Do what ya will but if you want to shake off the world for a while, then I think this will be the place to do it. Not everything has to be divisive. Why can’t we all be True Americans? Everyone will be welcome and Rob the owner has always been a good host and a good time everywhere I’ve sat across the bar from him.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2147
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
I remember that show and that game - I liked it when they'd play in the apartment and do the obstacle course. Now if that's how it's gonna be, then that does seem like a good time.Bobs1981 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:31 pm I know the owner personally. Good dude. Makes a mean drink. The name started out as a joke from the TV show new girl. On the show they play a drinking game called true American where there are no rules and everyone gets hammered. From what I have gathered from him the bar is an ode to the 1970s. Ya know? Peace, love, rock n roll, funk, flash, style and unity. Something that we could all use a little more of in these crazy times we live in. If the name stops you from coming in, then I truly believe it will be your loss. Do what ya will but if you want to shake off the world for a while, then I think this will be the place to do it. Not everything has to be divisive. Why can’t we all be True Americans? Everyone will be welcome and Rob the owner has always been a good host and a good time everywhere I’ve sat across the bar from him.
Perhaps it will come out the closer they get to opening - a name doesn't tell the whole story. Thanks to a particular idiot president we've previously had it seems like the country really has become divided. I've been here nearly 50 years and regardless of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama, etc... it wasn't that way.
-
TARob
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:37 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Always nice to have an owner/developer/primary stakeholder contribute as a source. Welcome to the forum!
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Thank you for posting this. Look forward to your opening..TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
Welcome to the forum and don’t be a stranger!…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
TARob
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:37 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Thanks y’all. Instagram if you want to give us a follow or check out the progress.
thetrueamericanbar
Peace
thetrueamericanbar
Peace
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Thanks for dropping in and clearing that up, I wish you success in your new business. For your sake, I hope the name won't turn people away, but realistically, if I were to walk down Leavenworth and notice your sign, I might think twice about checking it out (I'm gay, so I'm always on guard about establishments that might not be welcoming). We live in politically charged times, so I can understand people's desire to avoid controversy. I'm a former bartender BTW, so I know how difficult and time consuming it is to run a F&B establishment.TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
-
TARob
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:37 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
You are always welcome in my house friend, and will always protect my house from bigotry and absolute nonsense. You are a human being above all and that’s why I love this industry. I get to be with people all day long. Much love and hope you will come see us when we are open.ricko wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:54 pmThanks for dropping in and clearing that up, I wish you success in your new business. For your sake, I hope the name won't turn people away, but realistically, if I were to walk down Leavenworth and notice your sign, I might think twice about checking it out (I'm gay, so I'm always on guard about establishments that might not be welcoming). We live in politically charged times, so I can understand people's desire to avoid controversy. I'm a former bartender BTW, so I know how difficult and time consuming it is to run a F&B establishment.TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Thank you for your response and your personal invitation. I'll make it a point to visit next time I'm in Omaha.TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:08 pmYou are always welcome in my house friend, and will always protect my house from bigotry and absolute nonsense. You are a human being above all and that’s why I love this industry. I get to be with people all day long. Much love and hope you will come see us when we are open.ricko wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:54 pmThanks for dropping in and clearing that up, I wish you success in your new business. For your sake, I hope the name won't turn people away, but realistically, if I were to walk down Leavenworth and notice your sign, I might think twice about checking it out (I'm gay, so I'm always on guard about establishments that might not be welcoming). We live in politically charged times, so I can understand people's desire to avoid controversy. I'm a former bartender BTW, so I know how difficult and time consuming it is to run a F&B establishment.TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
-
yman97
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Appreciate the response. I have a history-based page on Facebook called Omaha Exploration where I posted the history of Marylebone and made mention of your bar replacing it. I heard some concern over the name from some of my followers which prompted me to ask the question here. I live nearby and look forward to its opening. Glad to have you in the neighborhood.TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
-
skip
- Library Board
- Posts: 277
- Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:36 pm
- Location: Midtown
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Can't wait! I live 3 blocks away and will definitely be making appearances lol. When do you plan on opening?TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2147
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
3 blocks! That's within stumbling distance fo sho!skip wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:19 pmCan't wait! I live 3 blocks away and will definitely be making appearances lol. When do you plan on opening?TARob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm I own the bar. Bobby bobs1981 said it perfectly. Everyone is welcome. When did drinking and having a good time become political? I love you all and hope to see you when we do open. I really think we have something special, and I’d like to share it with everyone. White, black, brown, gay, straight, male, female, trans, republican, or democrat and whoever else I missed. You are all True Americans to me. Let’s stop all this division, come together over a beer or cocktail and get funky. Hope to see ya’ll soon.
-
TARob
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:37 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Everything is going well and as long as the inspections go as planned we are looking at end of February or first week of March.
-
jelizh
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:13 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Millennial here, I might be in the minority but immediately thought it was a New Girl reference when I saw the bright yellow sign. I think there may be a a decent bunch of folks in this area that also picked up on the reference based on conversations I've had. Looking forward to visiting when open!Bobs1981 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:31 pm I know the owner personally. Good dude. Makes a mean drink. The name started out as a joke from the TV show new girl. On the show they play a drinking game called true American where there are no rules and everyone gets hammered. From what I have gathered from him the bar is an ode to the 1970s. Ya know? Peace, love, rock n roll, funk, flash, style and unity. Something that we could all use a little more of in these crazy times we live in. If the name stops you from coming in, then I truly believe it will be your loss. Do what ya will but if you want to shake off the world for a while, then I think this will be the place to do it. Not everything has to be divisive. Why can’t we all be True Americans? Everyone will be welcome and Rob the owner has always been a good host and a good time everywhere I’ve sat across the bar from him.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
Millennial here. Never saw the show.jelizh wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:33 pmMillennial here, I might be in the minority but immediately thought it was a New Girl reference when I saw the bright yellow sign. I think there may be a a decent bunch of folks in this area that also picked up on the reference based on conversations I've had. Looking forward to visiting when open!Bobs1981 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:31 pm I know the owner personally. Good dude. Makes a mean drink. The name started out as a joke from the TV show new girl. On the show they play a drinking game called true American where there are no rules and everyone gets hammered. From what I have gathered from him the bar is an ode to the 1970s. Ya know? Peace, love, rock n roll, funk, flash, style and unity. Something that we could all use a little more of in these crazy times we live in. If the name stops you from coming in, then I truly believe it will be your loss. Do what ya will but if you want to shake off the world for a while, then I think this will be the place to do it. Not everything has to be divisive. Why can’t we all be True Americans? Everyone will be welcome and Rob the owner has always been a good host and a good time everywhere I’ve sat across the bar from him.
But I'm not a TV person.
Additionally, I'll eat crow for being dubious on the name choice.
Still not sure the optics would be ideal, but not my bar.
-
Flyer14
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 207
- Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:14 pm
Re: Marylebone (3710 Leavenworth)
We also immediately thought of new girl!jelizh wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:33 pm
Millennial here, I might be in the minority but immediately thought it was a New Girl reference when I saw the bright yellow sign. I think there may be a a decent bunch of folks in this area that also picked up on the reference based on conversations I've had. Looking forward to visiting when open!