FDR?

News and releases from metro area businesses
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

FDR?

Post by Bob from Omaha »

I'm sure it's around here somewhere but I have an FDR question.

I got an email from Rine Auctioneers. I'm convinced there is no way to unsubscribe from his emails. Anyway, he has an auction coming up at 6902 Pine. All contents of the entire building. Is FDR finally throwing in the towel on Omaha? What's up?
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: FDR?

Post by jessep28 »

When Firserv bought them, it was speculated that office jobs could be lost. I doubt that the data center complex or Starwood would go away.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
zippy
Library Board
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Harvey Oaks

Re: FDR?

Post by zippy »

First Data sold its southernmost AkSarBen building to the Munroe Meyer Institute. This was independent of any Fiserv involvement.

World Herald article
daveoma
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1213
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: FDR?

Post by daveoma »

I suppose the decision was made to place this in a non-contiguous location from UNMC because it was cheaper than building a new building?
User avatar
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1689
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: FDR?

Post by bigredmed1 »

The MMI relocation allows it to be bigger and easier to connect to the Buffett Early Childhood program at UNO and L, and it allows Nebraska Medicine to build another patient tower where MMI is now.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1213
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: FDR?

Post by daveoma »

bigredmed1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:11 pm The MMI relocation allows it to be bigger and easier to connect to the Buffett Early Childhood program at UNO and L, and it allows Nebraska Medicine to build another patient tower where MMI is now.
Thank you for the intel ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š
User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Bennington

Re: FDR?

Post by Stargazer »

When Firserv bought them, it was speculated that office jobs could be lost. I doubt that the data center complex or Starwood would go away.
First Data card business in Omaha is safe. That and merchant processing in particular, are what Fiserv is looking to get from First Data, first and foremost. I'm actually aware of some Fiserv locations which may be in jeopardy as a result of this merger (we actually use a 'branch' of First Data's card processing software).

As it happens, I'm actually travelling with my team, down to 72nd, to meet our counterparts this week. Kind of funny, that the teams, responsible for the particular category of software we're both responsible for, are both based in Omaha (our team was actually a spin off from First Data years ago... several acquisitions later, we come full circle).
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.