I think this closing may simply be a matter of over saturation of a market. There are tons of Amigos locations in the Lincoln area for a metro approaching 400,000. They “over-built”..
Compared to the Omaha metro approaching 1,000,000.. Amigos has been more aggressive enhancing its Omaha footprint, which has been lacking over the years...
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:45 pm
I think this closing may simply be a matter of over saturation of a market. There are tons of Amigos locations in the Lincoln area for a metro approaching 400,000. They “over-built”..
Compared to the Omaha metro approaching 1,000,000.. Amigos has been more aggressive enhancing its Omaha footprint, which has been lacking over the years...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
For today it was just too big IMO. All of there newer locations are a smaller footprint. That, combined with the size of the lot and the location of it in DT Lincoln the property has more value than they could support at this point in time I am guessing.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
nebugeater wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:28 am
Had to look. There are 15 locations listed for Lincoln including the one that will close.
6 in Omaha area if you include the Gretna location in that count
Yeah.. I’m still thinking over saturation is part of the reasoning for closing that DT Lincoln location.. But I’d agree, that old store was really big. Perhaps a combination of both...
Maybe not the right thread but I do not find another one for Amigos.
Happened to drive 72nd from I80 to 370 today. I see that the Amegos near 73nd and Giles has closed. It looks fairly recent. This is the one near the Fareway Grocery and across 72'nd from Walmart.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
nebugeater wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:31 pm
Maybe not the right thread but I do not find another one for Amigos.
Happened to drive 72nd from I80 to 370 today. I see that the Amegos near 73nd and Giles has closed. It looks fairly recent. This is the one near the Fareway Grocery and across 72'nd from Walmart.
That's a bummer. I work in Bellevue and go there sometimes for lunch.
That building at 72nd and Giles was originally a Starbucks. The dining room and parking lot were both tiny. Maybe they are going to build a new restaurant somewhere else and just let the lease expire.