






Yeah I liked the interior a lot, just because it was so different. However, this is a good move and primo real estate for redevelopment.skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 am Great to see some re-development for this site. I still wish that Jazz was there. I thought it brought something unique that you can't really find in any other part of the city.
Video has an updated rendering.Alexandra Stone
15th and Farnam has been a hub of downtown activity for over a century.
Now, the southeast corner, where boarded-up windows line a historic Art Deco property, is on the brink of a major makeover.
"It'll be floor to ceiling glass. It's going to look a lot better than it has," said Ryan Kuehl, a developer on the project.
Kuehl and the team behind this project plans to rehab historic features of three buildings on Farnam, through what they're calling the "Trio project."
"The biggest challenge in the project has been connecting all three buildings with different floor heights and ceiling heights," Kuehl said.
In addition to being a developer on this project, Kuehl is also a commercial real estate broker.
He said they're planning for 18 total apartments and 8,700 square feet of commercial space. According to Kuehl, they have a good idea of what one of the new businesses will be.
"It'll be a new concept to Omaha, and it should do really well here for both residents in downtown office tenants nearby," he said.
The project also includes a sunken patio on the west side and the possibility of a rooftop bar.

Especially during and after construction of the new MOO HQs.omahahawk wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:11 am Man talk about some primo real estate for some apartments and a top notch new restaurant.
Here you go, taken last Saturday:NEB-3234 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:23 am Any updated images of this? Excited to see the final product.


That is so incredibly sexy to my ears. I love that this cool old building is really bring in the mixed use. Not huge numbers. Not 5 over 1. Just plain old, good mixed use.
Agreed. For every massive tower spurred by the streetcar, we need incremental development at this scale to compliment.Athomsfere wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:46 amThat is so incredibly sexy to my ears. I love that this cool old building is really bring in the mixed use. Not huge numbers. Not 5 over 1. Just plain old, good mixed use.
Speaking of which...Louie wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:38 am The big projects give the small developers the chutzpah and momentum to move on these smaller projects. A never ending domino effect, barring macroeconomic issues, ofc.
Despite initial plans for a rooftop bar, Buser said it's unlikely to happen due to its high cost and difficulty in finding a bar owner to partner with.
Sounds like the rent is too damn high.ita wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:48 am If you didn't read the article:
Despite initial plans for a rooftop bar, Buser said it's unlikely to happen due to its high cost and difficulty in finding a bar owner to partner with.
I wonder if they left it open to happening in the future. Add in 4k employees 50 feet from the door and I bet a bar would take a chance on it.ita wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:48 am If you didn't read the article:
Despite initial plans for a rooftop bar, Buser said it's unlikely to happen due to its high cost and difficulty in finding a bar owner to partner with.
Really? That location will be across the street from the MoO skyscraper, directly on the streetcar line, and less than a block from the park. It has got to be one of the most desirable locations downtown. And they're saying that there's no incentive to build unless they get TIF money?According to the developers, the use of TIF is their only economic incentive to build.
I think that he chose his words carefully. He didn't say that he would've abandoned the project without TIF or that it was unprofitable without it He merely said that this was the only incentive for his investment. It sounds to me like the approximately $900,000 in TIF is on top of the profit he's expected to make. Why make a profit when you can ask for charity and make a little more?halgy wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:22 am From the article:
Really? That location will be across the street from the MoO skyscraper, directly on the streetcar line, and less than a block from the park. It has got to be one of the most desirable locations downtown. And they're saying that there's no incentive to build unless they get TIF money?According to the developers, the use of TIF is their only economic incentive to build.
I just made a post critical of TIF in another thread, and I really don't want to seem like I'm against development. But this is clearly BS, right? The new building looks great an is miles better than what was there, but I worry about setting a precedent where every new development gets a 20 year tax break. TIF is good in theory and in many applications. I just have yet to be convinced that building luxury apartments in the most popular neighborhood of the city is a good application.
Anyway, that is me done ranting. I don't want this forum to devolve into NIMBY, anti-development complaining like on the Omaha subreddit (or even the appearance of it). This forum is for being excited about progress, not quibbling.
This is another concept from Alex Harrington, the local Pinkelmann's franchisee. Healthy, quick service food concept that he developed.halgy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:10 am I drove past here last night and realized I hadn't heard anything about it since the construction fences came down. I found their Facebook and Website. Both currently say that it is supposed to open in September, but the facebook also said it was supposed to open in August and had a bunch of teaser posts starting more than a year ago, so I'm taking their current timeframe with a grain of salt.
Anyone have better info?