Whataburger - KC

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

Sounds like they are coming to KC, first location in Lee's Summit:


https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/6/2 ... burger-nfl
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Being a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan with tons of family living in the DFW area, I’ve eaten plenty at Whataburger over the years..I’d love to see Whataburger make an additional 180 mile trek up I-29, and land a spot or 2 in the Omaha area...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:26 pm Being a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan with tons of family living in the DFW area, I’ve eaten plenty at Whataburger over the years..I’d love to see Whataburger make an additional 180 mile trek up I-29, and land a spot or 2 in the Omaha area...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Yeah it would not surprise me if that happened. Once they hook up with a food distributor open here, it will open up expansion to other cities in the region.

Greg
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Greg S wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:18 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:26 pm Being a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan with tons of family living in the DFW area, I’ve eaten plenty at Whataburger over the years..I’d love to see Whataburger make an additional 180 mile trek up I-29, and land a spot or 2 in the Omaha area...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Yeah it would not surprise me if that happened. Once they hook up with a food distributor open here, it will open up expansion to other cities in the region.

Greg
That would be music to my ears Greg. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that happens someday..

I think Whataburger would be a big hit here. For fast food, it’s good and priced right. I’ve always liked it every bit as much as In N Out Burger..which invaded the DFW area from California 5 or so years back...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Busguy2010 »

Speaking personally, of all the places we could wish we had here, Whataburger would be something I'd actually be excited about. I thought I wanted Steak N Shake, but meh. Jack in the Box, meh. Chik-filA, meh.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm Speaking personally, of all the places we could wish we had here, Whataburger would be something I'd actually be excited about.
And from a fast food standpoint, I agree. Good food for what it is and reasonably priced. When I eat fast food, I typically stay local- Runza, Bronco’s, Don & Millie’s etc.. But if Whataburger found its way into the Omaha area, they’d definitely be in my rotation...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1689
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by bigredmed1 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:58 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm Speaking personally, of all the places we could wish we had here, Whataburger would be something I'd actually be excited about.
And from a fast food standpoint, I agree. Good food for what it is and reasonably priced. When I eat fast food, I typically stay local- Runza, Bronco’s, Don & Millie’s etc.. But if Whataburger found its way into the Omaha area, they’d definitely be in my rotation...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Especially if they sold green chile cheeseburgers. McDonalds sells the GC on the side and this is OK. But WB sells a surprisingly good GCCB all cooked together.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bigredmed1 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:57 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:58 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm Speaking personally, of all the places we could wish we had here, Whataburger would be something I'd actually be excited about.
And from a fast food standpoint, I agree. Good food for what it is and reasonably priced. When I eat fast food, I typically stay local- Runza, Bronco’s, Don & Millie’s etc.. But if Whataburger found its way into the Omaha area, they’d definitely be in my rotation...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Especially if they sold green chile cheeseburgers. McDonalds sells the GC on the side and this is OK. But WB sells a surprisingly good GCCB all cooked together.
That’s also a positive for Whataburger- their variety of different types of burgers- they always seem to have a nice rotation of specialty type cheeseburgers available.and most are always really good. They sometimes have a jalapeño bacon cheeseburger that’ll knock your socks off (in a good way)...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1689
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by bigredmed1 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 pm
bigredmed1 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:57 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:58 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 pm Speaking personally, of all the places we could wish we had here, Whataburger would be something I'd actually be excited about.
And from a fast food standpoint, I agree. Good food for what it is and reasonably priced. When I eat fast food, I typically stay local- Runza, Bronco’s, Don & Millie’s etc.. But if Whataburger found its way into the Omaha area, they’d definitely be in my rotation...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Especially if they sold green chile cheeseburgers. McDonalds sells the GC on the side and this is OK. But WB sells a surprisingly good GCCB all cooked together.
That’s also a positive for Whataburger- their variety of different types of burgers- they always seem to have a nice rotation of specialty type cheeseburgers available.and most are always really good. They sometimes have a jalapeño bacon cheeseburger that’ll knock your socks off (in a good way)...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Once you have a steady access to green and red chile, jalapeños are just not at the same level. Take the green chile option next time.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

Whataburger confirms they are coming to KC:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2_vJqrq-ck
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Greg S wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:32 am Whataburger confirms they are coming to KC:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2_vJqrq-ck
Good news!..

One step closer to Whataburger moving 180 miles north on I29 and setting up shop in the Omaha area :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am
Greg S wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:32 am Whataburger confirms they are coming to KC:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2_vJqrq-ck
Good news!..

One step closer to Whataburger moving 180 miles north on I29 and setting up shop in the Omaha area :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I though no one in Omaha wanted a chain place? ;)
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am
Greg S wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:32 am Whataburger confirms they are coming to KC:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2_vJqrq-ck
Good news!..

One step closer to Whataburger moving 180 miles north on I29 and setting up shop in the Omaha area :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I though no one in Omaha wanted a chain place? ;)
Ha! If it’s Whataburger, Omaha will make an exception :;):...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Louie »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am
Greg S wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:32 am Whataburger confirms they are coming to KC:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2_vJqrq-ck
Good news!..

One step closer to Whataburger moving 180 miles north on I29 and setting up shop in the Omaha area :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I though no one in Omaha wanted a chain place? ;)
Ha! If it’s Whataburger, Omaha will make an exception :;):...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Whataburger and In-N-Out are both too dang good to pass up. I'd be happy with either or both. Not that In-N-Out is really in the mix.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Louie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:39 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am
Greg S wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:32 am Whataburger confirms they are coming to KC:

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... 2_vJqrq-ck
Good news!..

One step closer to Whataburger moving 180 miles north on I29 and setting up shop in the Omaha area :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I though no one in Omaha wanted a chain place? ;)
Ha! If it’s Whataburger, Omaha will make an exception :;):...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Whataburger and In-N-Out are both too dang good to pass up. I'd be happy with either or both. Not that In-N-Out is really in the mix.
I agree with you there..

In-N-Out is great too.. But if I was going to guess, I’d say Omaha would likely get Whataburger first.. But then again, it would depend on how aggressive either would be in their expansion plans into secondary markets like Omaha (markets in that 1 to 2 million metro population range) in concert with what they’d consider their new “footprint area” for potential expansion...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1689
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by bigredmed1 »

I would choose WC over in and out. Based on experiences eating in Satellite franchises and not in their home towns, my experience with IO is not nearly as life affirming as others, while WC makes the best chain restaurant green chile cheeseburger you can find.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bigredmed1 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:21 pm WC makes the best chain restaurant green chile cheeseburger you can find.
As I’ve stated previously on the forum, I have a ton of family in Texas, mainly DFW. Normally I visit there at least 3 times a year. I haven’t been down since January..then the pandemic hit. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to trek back..

But-

Once we’re on the other side of this crisis and it’s safe to do so, I’ll be making it back down to Big D. And when I do, I’m going to make a point to go to Whataburger..just to try their green chili cheeseburger you’re raving about. I hope it lives up to expectations...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036559
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Brad »

Only been to Whataburger once, in Dallas. I would like to try it again. I liked it the first time, but that was 15+ years ago.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

First 2 KC area locations officially announced:

https://fox4kc.com/news/whataburger-ann ... F-9kpo89rU
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

This happenstance has finally made me jealous of the Kansas City metro..

We need Whataburger to travel 180 more miles to the north...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Busguy2010 »

This is positive. Whataburger is the best out of market fast food joint that I've had and wanted to have more access to. If they were to open here, I feel like I'd actually eat there fairly often. Chik-fil-A nah, Panda Express nah, Steak N' Shake eh, give me a Whataburger.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm This is positive. Whataburger is the best out of market fast food joint that I've had and wanted to have more access to. If they were to open here, I feel like I'd actually eat there fairly often. Chik-fil-A nah, Panda Express nah, Steak N' Shake eh, give me a Whataburger.
I agree 💯 100% :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by damonhynes »

From the Familiarity Breeds Contempt Department: I have a lot of Texas peeps who say that WB is overrated. I've been to TX three times this year alone and sad to say, I've never been!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by nebugeater »

Help me out here.

I thought the official stance of posting requirements for eOmaha was that all chains are bad. Only locals. :;):
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

damonhynes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 am From the Familiarity Breeds Contempt Department: I have a lot of Texas peeps who say that WB is overrated. I've been to TX three times this year alone and sad to say, I've never been!
Lol.. You hear the same thing from some local Nebraskans who say Runza is overrated..

I’ve got tons of family who live in Texas and they all love Whataburger.. The place is great for fast food and would make a killing if they entered the Omaha market..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:32 am Help me out here.

I thought the official stance of posting requirements for eOmaha was that all chains are bad. Only locals. :;):
Lol. Go back and read our legendary eomaha Cheesecake Factory thread. It almost broke the internet :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Busguy2010 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:26 am
damonhynes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 am From the Familiarity Breeds Contempt Department: I have a lot of Texas peeps who say that WB is overrated. I've been to TX three times this year alone and sad to say, I've never been!
Lol.. You hear the same thing from some local Nebraskans who say Runza is overrated..

I’ve got tons of family who live in Texas and they all love Whataburger.. The place is great for fast food and would make a killing if they entered the Omaha market..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Every time I go down south I try to make a point to get Whataburger. Haven't been far enough down south in about 5 years so I am getting a stronger craving for it the more we talk about it.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:26 am
damonhynes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:28 am From the Familiarity Breeds Contempt Department: I have a lot of Texas peeps who say that WB is overrated. I've been to TX three times this year alone and sad to say, I've never been!
Lol.. You hear the same thing from some local Nebraskans who say Runza is overrated..

I’ve got tons of family who live in Texas and they all love Whataburger.. The place is great for fast food and would make a killing if they entered the Omaha market..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Every time I go down south I try to make a point to get Whataburger. Haven't been far enough down south in about 5 years so I am getting a stronger craving for it the more we talk about it.
Once this Pandemic passes and it’s safe to travel, I’ll definitely be heading down to Texas to visit family..and Whataburger, lol...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

Looking like as many as 6 Whataburgersin the plans for KC, with at least one opening this year.



https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 00543.html




Greg
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by damonhynes »

Finally broke my WB duck, I was in Houston mid-January, had it twice in three days. The burgers are yuge. Fries are similar to Mickey D's but with a little seasoning salt. They offer both regular and spicy ketchup.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

If things go as planned, and we all get vaccinated, I’ll be making my first road trip down to Dallas since the Pandemic broke to visit family.. Haven’t been down since Christmas/New Year 2019/2020.. So looking forward to a mid Summer drive..But equally excited to get Whataburger once again..It’s been sooooo long :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

Addresses for the first 4 Whataburgers in KC:


https://fox4kc.com/news/four-whataburge ... pznGIRjtHo


Greg
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

Fifth store now in the works at the Metro North redevelopment:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/busines ... 32928.html
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Whataburger - CO

Post by Padre »

Whataburger will be opening in Colorado Springs. Sorry Cowboy!

https://www.9news.com/article/life/styl ... 515f606719
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

That’s okay..

I’m glad they’re expanding. That actually means there’s a better chance they’ll expand into Omaha..Maybe…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:27 am That’s okay..

I’m glad they’re expanding. That actually means there’s a better chance they’ll expand into Omaha..Maybe…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Yeah with them going into KC, Omaha will be in range for their food distributor. I think it's only a matter of time.

Greg
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Greg S wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:41 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:27 am That’s okay..

I’m glad they’re expanding. That actually means there’s a better chance they’ll expand into Omaha..Maybe…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Yeah with them going into KC, Omaha will be in range for their food distributor. I think it's only a matter of time.

Greg
Fingers crossed 🤞…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Greg S »

The first Whataburger opened today in KC, with many to follow:


https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/li ... vX917E3PUM
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036559
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Brad »

LOL... Glad some people have spare time in their lives.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Whataburger - KC

Post by Busguy2010 »

Wow, yeah, Whataburger is one of my favorite fast food places, but it aint that good. Same thing would happen if they were to open in Omaha. I'd never go anywhere on opening day, its a trap.