Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
-
Original
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm
Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
Anyone know what the massive amount of excavation that is happening basically between MidAmerica Energy and I-29 just south of CB is for? I assume either flood mitigation or something related to MidAmerica, but I could not find anything. I drove south on I-29 over the weekend for the first time in months and was surprised by the massive dirt pile and excavation that is going on.
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Re: Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
European Village. It's finally happening!
-
Original
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm
Re: Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
Near the ethanol plant? (I can see that maybe I wasn't clear enough in saying the ethanol plant, just east of Lake Manawa) I'm surprised.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 9001
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm
Re: Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
I thought for sure we were finally getting new Peony Park!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036600
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
Basically Everything betweeen Mid American and I29 is owned by Mid American. Could be a new ash landfill or something?Original wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:58 pm Anyone know what the massive amount of excavation that is happening basically between MidAmerica Energy and I-29 just south of CB is for? I assume either flood mitigation or something related to MidAmerica, but I could not find anything. I drove south on I-29 over the weekend for the first time in months and was surprised by the massive dirt pile and excavation that is going on.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036600
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
I drove by this yesterday, holy |expletive| that's a lot of conveyor belts moving dirt for a great distance. Still don't know what it is.Brad wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:46 pmBasically Everything between Mid American and I29 is owned by Mid American. Could be a new ash landfill or something?Original wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:58 pm Anyone know what the massive amount of excavation that is happening basically between MidAmerica Energy and I-29 just south of CB is for? I assume either flood mitigation or something related to MidAmerica, but I could not find anything. I drove south on I-29 over the weekend for the first time in months and was surprised by the massive dirt pile and excavation that is going on.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Turtle9160
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm
- Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Re: Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
I have wondered the same thing, a lot of dirt moving their. I drive past it quite a bit going to Hamburg for work and saw late summer they where laying pipe down after excavating, month later they where covering it up.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036600
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Excavaction Near MidAmerica south of CB
Today I crossed the Bellevue Toll Bridge and took the highway east to I29. That whole line of conveyors actually starts over a mile south of the highway and goes up and over the highway and heads north to the power plant. I estimated the distance of this conveyor line at 4.5+ miles!!!!
I was told by a local resident I know they will be moving sand for 2 years and are filling the lakes next to the power plan. In the process creating a lake between I29 and the Missouri River.
I was told by a local resident I know they will be moving sand for 2 years and are filling the lakes next to the power plan. In the process creating a lake between I29 and the Missouri River.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto