Westoms Bottoms KC
-
strangerthings
- Library Board
- Posts: 432
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:49 pm
Westoms Bottoms KC
Gould Evans is designing a new food hall on an abandoned bridge over the Kansas River. This is next to the Kemper Arena (now Hyvee Arena).




-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Re: Westoms Bottoms KC
Well that is extremely cool.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036557
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Westoms Bottoms KC
Cool idea, but is there enough of a population in the west bottoms yet to support that? Enough even events at Kemper to support it?
I haven't been to the west bottoms since 2017 or 2018.
I haven't been to the west bottoms since 2017 or 2018.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
strangerthings
- Library Board
- Posts: 432
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:49 pm
Re: Westoms Bottoms KC
There is a newly opened apartment project and another under expansion around the east end of the bridge. A NYC developer pitched another 1250 units in a $500 million redevelopment. There is also another coastal developer buying up land there to do a similar large pitch.Brad wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:42 pm Cool idea, but is there enough of a population in the west bottoms yet to support that? Enough even events at Kemper to support it?
I haven't been to the west bottoms since 2017 or 2018.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Westoms Bottoms KC
strangerthings wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pmThere is a newly opened apartment project and another under expansion around the east end of the bridge. A NYC developer pitched another 1250 units in a $500 million redevelopment. There is also another coastal developer buying up land there to do a similar large pitch.Brad wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:42 pm Cool idea, but is there enough of a population in the west bottoms yet to support that? Enough even events at Kemper to support it?
I haven't been to the west bottoms since 2017 or 2018.
If all this comes to fruition, this area will finally reach it's potential. When I was a kid we used to go to Kings and Scouts games at Kemper. I think that was the last real push down there but for whatever reason (maybe losing both those two-although the Kings did stay for quite a while) development never followed Kemper's opening.
Greg
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Westoms Bottoms KC
This would build on that area even more. Make it even more of a destination:
https://cityscenekc.com/ziplines-aerial ... pkxhAWJGIw
https://cityscenekc.com/ziplines-aerial ... pkxhAWJGIw
-
PotatoeEatsFish
- Human Relations
- Posts: 796
- Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm
Re: Westoms Bottoms KC
That bridge is really cool I don't think I've ever seen a design like that outside of Florence. I wish Omaha could do something like that with the folding bridge but we need to get those 5 barges to Sioux CIity in the Spring.
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
-
strangerthings
- Library Board
- Posts: 432
- Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:49 pm















