Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
So why’d they bulldoze the village inn and roach motel?
15-17, 26, 32
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
And out of nowhere- Jake reappears on the forum after 8 months of hibernation..
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
No building permits and nothing on the planning board.
OVO DEV LLC
8451 WEST CENTER RD #24984
OMAHA NE 68124-0000
Address comes back to the post office on 84th and Center.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Cup of Cheese
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 10:14 pm
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
What happened to Sushi Ichiban?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
It's now called "Sakura Bana" and its at 74th and Dodge. Kind of tucked back in a corner next to Freddy's.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
CapitalGuy
- Human Relations
- Posts: 556
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:32 am
- Location: Lincoln, NE
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Heard apartments here but no specific details.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Probably similar to the long term ones that are to the west of them.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
all buildings are now gone.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Ben
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm
- Location: Westside
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
It would make sense if OFD would hurry up and decide what their plans are for the future of the firehouse next door to this site. Several times OFD has mentioned its part of their long term plan to rebuild/relocate this house, as its not up to the standards of other firehouses (ease of access, size, etc). If they're going to move out, it would make sense if this was redeveloped as part of the adjacent VI/Hotel project. Maybe they can snag a parcel with direct Dodge St or 72nd St access as part of the Crossroads site plan...
-
garyomaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
I could swear that in 2019 or so the City announced that a new Fire Station would be built near 72nd and Cass. The reason I remember is that I spent way too much time trying to figure out just where they were describing. Then, I saw no word whatsoever for a long time and now it might be affected by the financial impact of the pandemic.Ben wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 am Maybe they can snag a parcel with direct Dodge St or 72nd St access as part of the Crossroads site plan...
-
TheSeventhBrat
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
How about the land behind the now demolished Best Buy/Bag'n Save, just east of the Kwik Shop?garyomaha wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:18 pmI could swear that in 2019 or so the City announced that a new Fire Station would be built near 72nd and Cass. The reason I remember is that I spent way too much time trying to figure out just where they were describing. Then, I saw no word whatsoever for a long time and now it might be affected by the financial impact of the pandemic.Ben wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 am Maybe they can snag a parcel with direct Dodge St or 72nd St access as part of the Crossroads site plan...
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
The plan I saw way back in the day, they were going to talk a little land from Lewis and Clark school at 72 and Cass.TheSeventhBrat wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:55 pmHow about the land behind the now demolished Best Buy/Bag'n Save, just east of the Kwik Shop?garyomaha wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:18 pmI could swear that in 2019 or so the City announced that a new Fire Station would be built near 72nd and Cass. The reason I remember is that I spent way too much time trying to figure out just where they were describing. Then, I saw no word whatsoever for a long time and now it might be affected by the financial impact of the pandemic.Ben wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 am Maybe they can snag a parcel with direct Dodge St or 72nd St access as part of the Crossroads site plan...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
bldgengineer2015
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:13 am
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Here are the planning documents on the proposed apartment development.
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ary/16.pdf
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ary/16.pdf
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4746
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
-
garyomaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Big apartment complexes appear to be following me wherever I go! I previously lived a block from where the Zag Apartments were built at 51st and Mayberry. Now I'm a few blocks away from where these apartments are to be built. Is it something about me? 
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1452
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Developer stalking. I'd get a restraining order.garyomaha wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:15 pm Big apartment complexes appear to be following me wherever I go! I previously lived a block from where the Zag Apartments were built at 51st and Mayberry. Now I'm a few blocks away from where these apartments are to be built. Is it something about me?![]()
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 925
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
It’s just that large groups of people want to be around you!garyomaha wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:15 pm Big apartment complexes appear to be following me wherever I go! I previously lived a block from where the Zag Apartments were built at 51st and Mayberry. Now I'm a few blocks away from where these apartments are to be built. Is it something about me?![]()
-
Taco
- Human Relations
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Nice to see the TOD benefits in the density of this project. I am guessing they would have tried to get the fire station land too - I wonder if the city wouldn't sell or is just moving too slowly in building the new station.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
I was gonna say something about how this development seems to be influenced by ORBT being in place. Still a bit of a walk to the 77th Station, and the 84th Station is also in the area. Makes ya wonder at least if this is a direct reaction to ORBT, or if it would have happened without ORBT.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Wow, and I just now looked at the document... This is a very substantial development. I will reserve judgement until we hear about prices.
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
- Location: New York City
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Maybe we should move you around the city as a development tool, and add "Gary Oriented Development" to the zoning code.garyomaha wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:15 pm Big apartment complexes appear to be following me wherever I go! I previously lived a block from where the Zag Apartments were built at 51st and Mayberry. Now I'm a few blocks away from where these apartments are to be built. Is it something about me?![]()
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
garyomaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
I like the concept but in no way do I feel like I'm living up to the acronym.Garrett wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:00 pm Maybe we should move you around the city as a development tool, and add "Gary Oriented Development" to the zoning code.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Hahaha. “Please move to the Lanoha site, GOD”.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
But then we'll just get a 5-6 story apartment complex. And everyone here will complain yet more.
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3273
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Would GOD allow that to happen?Athomsfere wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 amBut then we'll just get a 5-6 story apartment complex. And everyone here will complain yet more.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2330
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
That hotel was in business for a long time, my guess it was probably built in the 60’s. I’m sure the land was pricey being on Dodge. More apartments for Omaha, seems like that’s the hot development trend nowadays. I still think you’re better off owning something than paying rent. Someday all these new 4-6 story apartments they are building in Omaha will be old as well.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Apartments to replace former Village Inn and motel along Dodge corridor
Cindy Gonzalez of Omaha World Herald wrote:A $34 million apartment complex that takes its name from a warm spice is set to sprout on the old Village Inn grounds at 78th and Dodge Streets.
The five-story Clove Apartments is to contain 175 dwellings arranged in a U shape atop a ground-level parking garage.
Residents will be able to grill, picnic and play croquet in an expansive open-air courtyard above the garage. An outdoor staircase will wind down to an outdoor swimming pool abutting Farnam Drive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Former Village Inn and Hotel (78th and Dodge)
Soon, the wall of 4 story buildings from MTC to Elkhorn will be complete! (laughs maniacally in four-storied tones)bldgengineer2015 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 am Here are the tif documents for the project.
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... rch/10.pdf
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
Construction Equipment working on site.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
The "Design Standards talk" that was taking place in this thread, was split off in to its own thread, which can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22270
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22270

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4746
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
I know this is a design issue, but with this specific building I am concerned about the ground floor facing Dodge. I was across the street yesterday and noticed that it's a blank wall. No windows, or anything. I should have taken a picture. I am sure they will put some facing or something, but it doesn't look very pedestrian friendly off Dodge. I know Dodge is a highway, but we have ORBT running through there, and we are trying to make it more pedestrian friendly (right, folks from Heritage wanting to put the library at 72nd and Dodge). Maybe I am jumping the gun and shouldn't be so concerned. With most of the ground floor up, I didn't expect the footprint to be so big in person.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
Almost a plain pedestal look?ita wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:53 pm I know this is a design issue, but with this specific building I am concerned about the ground floor facing Dodge. I was across the street yesterday and noticed that it's a blank wall. No windows, or anything. I should have taken a picture. I am sure they will put some facing or something, but it doesn't look very pedestrian friendly off Dodge. I know Dodge is a highway, but we have ORBT running through there, and we are trying to make it more pedestrian friendly (right, folks from Heritage wanting to put the library at 72nd and Dodge). Maybe I am jumping the gun and shouldn't be so concerned. With most of the ground floor up, I didn't expect the footprint to be so big in person.
I know I've seen similar in Seattle in some walkable areas. As long as we can get some trees, maybe a road diet, bike lanes etc. then I feel like it's not a huge issue.
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2330
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
I stayed at this motel my very first night in Omaha back in 1985 when I moved here. Back then it was a typical budget motel. I knew almost nothing about Omaha and thought the surrounding neighborhood looked decent so I decided to check in. The room was fine and I had no complaints. I remember the New Tower Inn was across the street, and I wondered where the tower was Lol.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
Yes, the first floor is parking. The main entrance is facing south on Farnam Street. That said there are 2 doors on the north side facing Dodge and a sidewalk along the east side from the south side of the building to the north side.Athomsfere wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:18 pmAlmost a plain pedestal look?ita wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:53 pm I know this is a design issue, but with this specific building I am concerned about the ground floor facing Dodge. I was across the street yesterday and noticed that it's a blank wall. No windows, or anything. I should have taken a picture. I am sure they will put some facing or something, but it doesn't look very pedestrian friendly off Dodge. I know Dodge is a highway, but we have ORBT running through there, and we are trying to make it more pedestrian friendly (right, folks from Heritage wanting to put the library at 72nd and Dodge). Maybe I am jumping the gun and shouldn't be so concerned. With most of the ground floor up, I didn't expect the footprint to be so big in person.
I know I've seen similar in Seattle in some walkable areas. As long as we can get some trees, maybe a road diet, bike lanes etc. then I feel like it's not a huge issue.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
Wood arriving on site.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
TransitOriented
- Library Board
- Posts: 379
- Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:55 am
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
Apartments website : https://www.clove-omaha.com/
Prices range from $1200 to $2600
Prices range from $1200 to $2600
-
FishFighter92
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:57 am
Re: Clove Apartments (78th and Dodge)
These are really looking nice. The amenities look great too.
