This same YouTube content creator has done some excellent city drone videos..including one for Omaha, Kansas City, St Louis etc..
This is his most recent, a similar population peer city to Omaha- Albuquerque NM. I think it’s a nice snapshot of its downtown core-
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Albuquerque NM Downtown drone video-
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Albuquerque NM Downtown drone video-
Go Cowboys!
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Albuquerque NM Downtown drone video-
Man, they have a lot of great murals and bright colors incorporated in their urban landscape.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Albuquerque NM Downtown drone video-
Agreed..Louie wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 pm Man, they have a lot of great murals and bright colors incorporated in their urban landscape.
From a skyline standpoint, Omaha has it all over Albuquerque.. But I’ve been to Albuquerque before and as this video shows, height isn’t everything as it relates to a nice, vibrant downtown core. The place is just colorful and screams vibrancy and fun. I think Omaha’s downtown core is developing this aspect as well. Some real cool murals have been created in North Downtown over the last decade..
Albuquerque has a very solid and pretty dense downtown core...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2333
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Re: Albuquerque NM Downtown drone video-
I’ve been to Albuquerque as well. Size and amenities wise it’s very similar to Omaha. Omaha has some taller buildings but Albuquerque’s downtown while shorter, is attractive and dense and has a nice mountain backdrop to the east. I like Albuquerque’s tallest which is designed by the same Architect who designed Des Moines tallest . They also have a decent mid rise suburban cluster of buildings in an area called Uptown.
The airport is also impressive and I believe it’s slightly bigger than Eppley. Albuquerque is also the largest metro for a very large geographical area. Overall it’s a nice city, but does have a high crime problem I’ve been told, considerably worse than Omaha’s. I heard they are trying to add some height to their skyline, which needs to be built up some more. The city’s tallest is 350 ft and is the only building in the metro over 300 ft.
The airport is also impressive and I believe it’s slightly bigger than Eppley. Albuquerque is also the largest metro for a very large geographical area. Overall it’s a nice city, but does have a high crime problem I’ve been told, considerably worse than Omaha’s. I heard they are trying to add some height to their skyline, which needs to be built up some more. The city’s tallest is 350 ft and is the only building in the metro over 300 ft.