370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Don't we have a thread somewhere for the 370 North development (144-I80 & Highway 370)? Where Baxter Chrysler and Baxter Ford are located as well as the new Pella Window Building?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Couple Aerials of the new developement.


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Looks like a good place for a Culver's and a couple Marriotts...Brad wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:38 am Don't we have a thread somewhere for the 370 North development (144-I80 & Highway 370)? Where Baxter Chrysler and Baxter Ford are located as well as the new Pella Window Building?
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
I had heard rumors that HyVee was considering a location along 370... but possibly further west (maybe towards 168-180). Anyone heard something similar?
I live right along the gravel section of Giles off of 180th and that's going to be a mess for the next few years. I figured with all of the new pavement and road work that there would be some retail/commercial around here. However, according to the Sarpy County Planner's Office all of this farmland will be converted into residential. So that makes me think they'd have to look further south, closer to 370.
I live right along the gravel section of Giles off of 180th and that's going to be a mess for the next few years. I figured with all of the new pavement and road work that there would be some retail/commercial around here. However, according to the Sarpy County Planner's Office all of this farmland will be converted into residential. So that makes me think they'd have to look further south, closer to 370.
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
It'll be at 370 & 180th. Hy-Vee is slow-rolling it. Gretna issued a permit for a gas station and I believe there's been some dirt work done on the NE corner.djc311 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 pm I had heard rumors that HyVee was considering a location along 370... but possibly further west (maybe towards 168-180). Anyone heard something similar?
I live right along the gravel section of Giles off of 180th and that's going to be a mess for the next few years. I figured with all of the new pavement and road work that there would be some retail/commercial around here. However, according to the Sarpy County Planner's Office all of this farmland will be converted into residential. So that makes me think they'd have to look further south, closer to 370.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
IC - Is HyVee still (or did they) putting some type of "express grocery" shop up by the new movie theater on 204th and Q? I know a lot of that was held up due to covid.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110975
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
192nd Not 180th.damonhynes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:54 pmIt'll be at 370 & 180th. Hy-Vee is slow-rolling it. Gretna issued a permit for a gas station and I believe there's been some dirt work done on the NE corner.djc311 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 pm I had heard rumors that HyVee was considering a location along 370... but possibly further west (maybe towards 168-180). Anyone heard something similar?
I live right along the gravel section of Giles off of 180th and that's going to be a mess for the next few years. I figured with all of the new pavement and road work that there would be some retail/commercial around here. However, according to the Sarpy County Planner's Office all of this farmland will be converted into residential. So that makes me think they'd have to look further south, closer to 370.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110975
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
I believe they plan to build a gas station/convenience store there too. Like they are started at 192nd & 370.djc311 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:27 pm IC - Is HyVee still (or did they) putting some type of "express grocery" shop up by the new movie theater on 204th and Q? I know a lot of that was held up due to covid.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
#egad !nebugeater wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:49 pm192nd Not 180th.damonhynes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:54 pmIt'll be at 370 & 180th. Hy-Vee is slow-rolling it. Gretna issued a permit for a gas station and I believe there's been some dirt work done on the NE corner.djc311 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 pm I had heard rumors that HyVee was considering a location along 370... but possibly further west (maybe towards 168-180). Anyone heard something similar?
I live right along the gravel section of Giles off of 180th and that's going to be a mess for the next few years. I figured with all of the new pavement and road work that there would be some retail/commercial around here. However, according to the Sarpy County Planner's Office all of this farmland will be converted into residential. So that makes me think they'd have to look further south, closer to 370.
-
WBR_Tom
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:02 pm
- Location: Papillion, Omaha, and Everything in Between
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
This spots is going to have great visibility for Menards

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110975
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
I guess I thought that I had seen that on here. That has been around a few places for a couple of weeks. I should have posted it here too. Everything I have seen with this mention states that there is no time frame.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
I thought so too. Looks like there are some posts about Menards and H&H in the Steel Ridge South thread, but that's not the correct thread. I'll get those moved over here later today.nebugeater wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:59 pmI guess I thought that I had seen that on here. That has been around a few places for a couple of weeks. I should have posted it here too. Everything I have seen with this mention states that there is no time frame.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110975
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
As I understood it years back, Menards had an option on land that is/was the tree farm on the West side of 370 between where now there is a Walmart and where the development starts. I understand that the option expire and was not extended. Nothing has been developed there yet.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
The tree farm is where the huge FedEx building now site.nebugeater wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:52 am As I understood it years back, Menards had an option on land that is/was the tree farm on the West side of 370 between where now there is a Walmart and where the development starts. I understand that the option expire and was not extended. Nothing has been developed there yet.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Based upon the image it's hard to tell the relative scale/size of things... but with car dealerships already in place, I sure hope this doesn't turn into another fast food circus like the Menards on 204th and Dodge (Elkhorn). Somehow they still keep finding space to drop more quick service food places, I think the most recent was Chipotle. I know there are still open lots there, too!WBR_Tom wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:09 pm My father-in-law sent this to me; it was in a presentation at their annual HOA meeting of current/future development in their area. First I've heard of Menards building at this spot...I knew they had land a little further west on 370 but never built on it. Hmm.
![]()
Anyway, the entrance off of 204th to head west up to Menards (or the Mark or wherever you're headed) is a nightmare. Hopefully the 370 location and traffic in/out is managed a lot better.
-
zman77
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 11:06 pm
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Isn’t the 370 and I80 interstate area in the near future going to be the state’s first revamp of interchanges in the Omaha metro. The current configuration is already a bottleneck during rush hour times. Further development in the area will only increase the headaches. Like most things in the state, road expansion is about 5-10 years behind commercial development.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Do you have a link to that? Curious to see what the revamp would do.zman77 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:42 pm Isn’t the 370 and I80 interstate area in the near future going to be the state’s first revamp of interchanges in the Omaha metro. The current configuration is already a bottleneck during rush hour times. Further development in the area will only increase the headaches. Like most things in the state, road expansion is about 5-10 years behind commercial development.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
I can't remember what thread its in where we talked about it, but I believe it was one of these:Louie wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:22 pmDo you have a link to that? Curious to see what the revamp would do.zman77 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:42 pm Isn’t the 370 and I80 interstate area in the near future going to be the state’s first revamp of interchanges in the Omaha metro. The current configuration is already a bottleneck during rush hour times. Further development in the area will only increase the headaches. Like most things in the state, road expansion is about 5-10 years behind commercial development.
https://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18833

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
SunMan
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:02 pm
- Location: Ralston
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
I believe it's to be an inverse diamond interchange, like the NW 48th St one in Lincoln.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106382
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Oof. Given the volume of traffic at I80 & 370 compared to NW 48th & I80 in Lincoln, that's going to be a steep learning curve.SunMan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:53 pm I believe it's to be an inverse diamond interchange, like the NW 48th St one in Lincoln.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4939
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Oh dang, that is going to be a big learning curve ha. Though, they do work well when the signs/rules are followed.almighty_tuna wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:14 pmOof. Given the volume of traffic at I80 & 370 compared to NW 48th & I80 in Lincoln, that's going to be a steep learning curve.SunMan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:53 pm I believe it's to be an inverse diamond interchange, like the NW 48th St one in Lincoln.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003388
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
They plan on changing L St to a diverging diamond interchange in the future as well. But I'm pretty sure that's more than a decade away.
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
Any news lately about the purported/lead-pipe-cinch Menards at Steel Ridge? John Menard is no fool, and if there's a recession coming, he should know.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 370 North (144-I80 & Highway 370)
They own the lot?damonhynes wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:47 pm Any news lately about the purported/lead-pipe-cinch Menards at Steel Ridge? John Menard is no fool, and if there's a recession coming, he should know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1280
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
