South Park’ Creators Trey Parker & Matt Stone Say They’ve Agreed To Buy Casa Bonita
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/08/13/ ... estaurant/
Casa Bonita
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Casa Bonita
I went to one of these in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The first time was in probably 1999 and remember thinking it was pretty neat. Went back to the same one again in probably 2011 and it was horrid.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Casa Bonita
I didn't know there was multiples... I went once to the one in Denver and it was easily the worst restaurant experience of my life. I went with friends, and I didn't know what to expect, I was just pulled along. It was just totally goofy, food was absolutely terrible, it was like worse than Chuck E Cheese.ChadJK wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:21 pm I went to one of these in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The first time was in probably 1999 and remember thinking it was pretty neat. Went back to the same one again in probably 2011 and it was horrid.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Casa Bonita
At one point there were five, although the one in Colorado was I believe the largest,and was the only one that survived. If you went there for the food, you went for the wrong reasons. It is designed to be an experience, and was aimed more towards kids. Growing up, the nextdoor neighbors used to take us for our birthdays every year.Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:08 pmI didn't know there was multiples... I went once to the one in Denver and it was easily the worst restaurant experience of my life. I went with friends, and I didn't know what to expect, I was just pulled along. It was just totally goofy, food was absolutely terrible, it was like worse than Chuck E Cheese.ChadJK wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:21 pm I went to one of these in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The first time was in probably 1999 and remember thinking it was pretty neat. Went back to the same one again in probably 2011 and it was horrid.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Casa Bonita
I didn't know what I was getting into. I was on a trip with friends and that was decided on. The whole thing was just so corny, and I totally couldn't get past the pizz poor food to even try and enjoy the corny show. I just wanted to pay my $15 and get the heck out as fast as possible. In hindsight, I don't even know why it was suggested, because we were all adults... Probably had to do with South Park. But for me, it was $15 and an hour I'll never get back. Totally regrettable experience.Padre wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 pm At one point there were five, although the one in Colorado was I believe the largest,and was the only one that survived. If you went there for the food, you went for the wrong reasons. It is designed to be an experience, and was aimed more towards kids. Growing up, the nextdoor neighbors used to take us for our birthdays every year.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Casa Bonita
OMG! The memories from a couple of visits back about 1980 (as crazy 20-something adults). It just defies literary description. You just had to see, hear and taste it live to understand the “W T F did I just experience?” experience.
Only the people behind South Park could ever dream up reconstituting Casa Bonita. It all just falls into place.
When they reopen I expect hours long waits. Even if the food still sucks.
I’ll be there for sure!
Only the people behind South Park could ever dream up reconstituting Casa Bonita. It all just falls into place.
When they reopen I expect hours long waits. Even if the food still sucks.
I’ll be there for sure!
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Casa Bonita
>The video above is from August.
Parker, Stone and Executive Chef Dana Rodriguez announced the big news on YouTube on Thursday:
In a special holiday message from Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Dana "Loca" Rodriguez, the grand reopening date for Casa Bonita is revealed. Happy holidays!
Parker, Stone and Executive Chef Dana Rodriguez announced the big news on YouTube on Thursday:
In a special holiday message from Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Dana "Loca" Rodriguez, the grand reopening date for Casa Bonita is revealed. Happy holidays!
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003379
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: Casa Bonita
I'd love to check it out someday. I've always loved SP!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Casa Bonita
You have to go once, I guess. But it |expletive| sucks, to put it lightly.
Its like a step below Jonesy's (thats saying a lot right there) with a really goofy distracting sideshow. Unless something changed recently.
Its like a step below Jonesy's (thats saying a lot right there) with a really goofy distracting sideshow. Unless something changed recently.