2021 State Fair Attendance released. Numbers down from 2019.
https://theindependent.com/news/state- ... 4e2dc.html
If I remember corrrectly, 2019 was the year the fair was dealing with a lot of flooding due to rain.
For comparison sake:
2019: 283,468
2018: 314,805
2017: 379,108
2021 Nebraska State Fair
-
gisbuxfan
- Library Board
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:12 am
- Location: Grand Island, NE
2021 Nebraska State Fair
Live everyday to its fullest.. err.. just make sure your coffee cup is full. You should be good then.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
I seem to see a trend here. It does not bode well for the future of the state fair.
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2333
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
I wonder if other states are seeing declines in Stare Fair attendance. The Nebraska State Fair has just never really caught on it seems. I thought it was a good idea to move it to Grand Island. You would think they could get 300,000 annually but maybe not.
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
Admittedly, I don't monitor such things, but I never heard an advertisement for it. If the musical acts were to my taste, I would have gone.
-
gisbuxfan
- Library Board
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:12 am
- Location: Grand Island, NE
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
It seems to me social media was their primary platform for advertising. It’ll be interesting to see how they rebound from this year. In my opinion they lacked in any concerts that will draw crowds which supposedly still due to Covid which I can understand. By this summer I hope we will get a realistic figure of where they are at. I think they should be able to get back to 300k attendance.
Live everyday to its fullest.. err.. just make sure your coffee cup is full. You should be good then.
-
gisbuxfan
- Library Board
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:12 am
- Location: Grand Island, NE
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
This was an interesting article this morning talking about another layoff from the fair board. This time it was the director of fair sponsorships. Looking at the fair from a financial side which has its fair share of issues, especially in light of the former financial directors firing and arrest regarding his time at the fair, helps see the trajectory of the event.
Fair Sponsorships:
2017 - $647,500
2018 - $724,050
2019 - $850,600
2020 - $517,887 (COVID)
2021 - $945,250 (Article notes this is for fair and Aksarben sponsorships)
https://theindependent.com/news/local/s ... 76j0fpuJNI
Fair Sponsorships:
2017 - $647,500
2018 - $724,050
2019 - $850,600
2020 - $517,887 (COVID)
2021 - $945,250 (Article notes this is for fair and Aksarben sponsorships)
https://theindependent.com/news/local/s ... 76j0fpuJNI
Live everyday to its fullest.. err.. just make sure your coffee cup is full. You should be good then.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
I don’t think it is advertised much in the Omaha market. But neither was the Lincoln state fair. The Iowa State Fair is about the same distance from Omaha, and it is much, much bigger.damonhynes wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:17 pm Admittedly, I don't monitor such things, but I never heard an advertisement for it. If the musical acts were to my taste, I would have gone.
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 am
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
Yeah, they're the 800-lb. gorilla. Made of butter...nativeomahan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:35 pmI don’t think it is advertised much in the Omaha market. But neither was the Lincoln state fair. The Iowa State Fair is about the same distance from Omaha, and it is much, much bigger.damonhynes wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:17 pm Admittedly, I don't monitor such things, but I never heard an advertisement for it. If the musical acts were to my taste, I would have gone.
-
bbtran72
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 pm
- Location: Hastings, Ne
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
Cermak wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:05 pm I wonder if other states are seeing declines in Stare Fair attendance. The Nebraska State Fair has just never really caught on it seems. I thought it was a good idea to move it to Grand Island. You would think they could get 300,000 annually but maybe not.
- Iowa State Fair:
2021: 1,094,480
2020: Canceled
2019: 1,170,375
2018: 1,130,260
2017: 1,130,071
2016: 1,031,278
2015: 1,117,398
- Nebraska State Fair:
2021: 266,245
2020: 50,232
2019: 283,468
2018: 314,805
2017: 379,108
2016: 361,107
2015: 352,176
- Kansas State Fair:
2021: 281,000
2020: Canceled
2019: 337,400
2018: 327,965
2017: 322,278
2016: 359,808
2015: 369,322
Suit Up
-
gisbuxfan
- Library Board
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:12 am
- Location: Grand Island, NE
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
So what you are saying is that Nebraska had the biggest state fair in 20202!
Live everyday to its fullest.. err.. just make sure your coffee cup is full. You should be good then.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110965
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
It will take a LONG time to see if your prediction holds true to get to 20202!!!gisbuxfan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am So what you are saying is that Nebraska had the biggest state fair in 20202!
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
gisbuxfan
- Library Board
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:12 am
- Location: Grand Island, NE
Re: 2021 Nebraska State Fair
nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:32 pmIt will take a LONG time to see if your prediction holds true to get to 20202!!!gisbuxfan wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am So what you are saying is that Nebraska had the biggest state fair in 20202!
Live everyday to its fullest.. err.. just make sure your coffee cup is full. You should be good then.