City Of Omaha Public Facilities Corporation

The Political decisions of Omaha.
nebraska
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Downtown

City Of Omaha Public Facilities Corporation

Post by nebraska »

Does anyone have knowledge about documents like this: https://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/image ... -42741.pdf?

It's a 100 page PDF that outlines a contract with some Public Facilities Corporation. I can't figure out where this sits in the scope of City of Omaha activities. Do we have existing contracts for land like this, is this run of the mill city business, perhaps just a method for the city to keep its books organized? The City Council agenda for 10/26/21 has it at #68: https://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/image ... 0-26a2.pdf.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10813
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: City Of Omaha Public Facilities Corporation

Post by iamjacobm »

Don't take this as gospel b/c it was a skim and there is probably half a year worth of work behind that document, but I think it looks like just a bunch of legal language necessary to sell the $70 million in bonds mentioned. Again super quick looking, but it looks like public facilities corporations are pretty standard nationwide to deal with financing public projects. Probably a lot of legal layers to limit some liabilities and make the tax-exempt bonds marketable.

I'll be doing a deeper dive when I have the time and see if I can wrap my head around it further.
nebraska
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Downtown

Re: City Of Omaha Public Facilities Corporation

Post by nebraska »

Thanks. I have been digging into this kind of stuff lately and don't know where to start sometimes. Makes sense for legal liabilities.