Furniture Mart USA (coming soon) [April Fools]

Humor and off topic conversation
OmahaOmaha
Library Board
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 pm
Location: West Omaha

Furniture Mart USA (coming soon) [April Fools]

Post by OmahaOmaha »

Expect a big announcement later today. Furniture Mart USA is coming to Omaha. Plans call for a 2 story, 240,000 sq ft showroom and a 600,000 sq ft warehouse facility. At this time, I can’t reveal the exact location. It looks like NFM is going to have some competition.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by djc311 »

OmahaOmaha wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:08 am Expect a big announcement later today. Furniture Mart USA is coming to Omaha. Plans call for a 2 story, 240,000 sq ft showroom and a 600,000 sq ft warehouse facility. At this time, I can’t reveal the exact location. It looks like NFM is going to have some competition.
If true, I wonder if this persuaded “The Mart” to change their name to “NFM” in all of their branding, marketing, etc. TBH, I hadn’t heard of “Furniture Mart USA” until this post. Everyone knows in Nebraska that if you hear “Furniture Mart” you think of 72nd St.

It will be awesome to learn of the location and as a prev NFM employee I look forward to the competition and additional shopping options… it’s been needed in our market for years!
Bomaha
Home Owners Association
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by Bomaha »

djc311 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:06 am
OmahaOmaha wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:08 am Expect a big announcement later today. Furniture Mart USA is coming to Omaha. Plans call for a 2 story, 240,000 sq ft showroom and a 600,000 sq ft warehouse facility. At this time, I can’t reveal the exact location. It looks like NFM is going to have some competition.
If true, I wonder if this persuaded “The Mart” to change their name to “NFM” in all of their branding, marketing, etc. TBH, I hadn’t heard of “Furniture Mart USA” until this post. Everyone knows in Nebraska that if you hear “Furniture Mart” you think of 72nd St.

It will be awesome to learn of the location and as a prev NFM employee I look forward to the competition and additional shopping options… it’s been needed in our market for years!
............oh sweet summer child
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4698
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by Garrett »

I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by Greg S »

Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
Agreed.
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by Bob from Omaha »

No matter whether it's true or not, the fact is that this outfit is a combination of an Ashley store, unclaimed freight, Carpet One Flooring, etc. They are big to be sure. They tend to avoid large cities.

Hey, if true it's not a bad idea. Maybe a little competition would be good in Omaha.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by nativeomahan »

Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
Yep!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by djc311 »

nativeomahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:25 pm
Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
Yep!
Running out of afternoon… where’s the huge announcement?
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by Bob from Omaha »

djc311 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:05 pm
nativeomahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:25 pm
Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
Yep!
Running out of afternoon… where’s the huge announcement?
Delayed by a broken fax machine.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by djc311 »

Bob from Omaha wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:53 pm
djc311 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:05 pm
nativeomahan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:25 pm
Garrett wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:00 am I’m not believing a single new thread I see on this website today
Yep!
Running out of afternoon… where’s the huge announcement?
Delayed by a broken fax machine.
Must have been part of the latest QAnon announcement. LOL
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4698
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by Garrett »

Honestly of all of the April Fools fake outs this does have to be one of the uh… lower key ones. No big building, just a store and a warehouse
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
OmahaOmaha
Library Board
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 pm
Location: West Omaha

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by OmahaOmaha »

Sorry, that was my April Fools BS announcement. I got called away for a family emergency and wasn’t able to reveal later in the day that it was a joke. Sorry guys
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110960
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by nebugeater »

OmahaOmaha wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:03 pm Sorry, that was my April Fools BS announcement. I got called away for a family emergency and wasn’t able to reveal later in the day that it was a joke. Sorry guys
SO you are saying there is a chance.... ? ;)
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Furniture Mart USA (coming soon)

Post by djc311 »

nebugeater wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:38 am
OmahaOmaha wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:03 pm Sorry, that was my April Fools BS announcement. I got called away for a family emergency and wasn’t able to reveal later in the day that it was a joke. Sorry guys
SO you are saying there is a chance.... ? ;)
“One in a million”….