I-24 In Tennessee

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

I-24 In Tennessee

Post by mrsticka »

Here's a question that's been on my mind all day. It's about I-24 in southeastern Tennessee. For a brief while, it leaves the state and enters Georgia for 3 or 4 miles, then it reenters Tennessee just before Chattanooga.

My question is this: What does the Tennessee Highway Patrol do about that? Are state troopers allowed to drive into Georgia and back into Tennessee for that section of I-24? Do the 2 states have some sort of mutual agreement with their highway patrols regarding I-24?
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: I-24 In Tennessee

Post by damonhynes »

There are two exits in Georgia--including I-59--so JawJaw 5-0 can patrol that section without too much bother. But to your point, I can't see why TN troopers can't use 24 to get from TN to TN :-)
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: I-24 In Tennessee

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Yeah, I'm sure they can use it, just can't enforce either state's laws there.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: I-24 In Tennessee

Post by mrsticka »

Yeah, okay. Thanks, guys.