Skate City / Skateland (Bellevue)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Skate City / Skateland (Bellevue)

Post by ChadJK »

Anyone know enough about old school Bellevue to know if the skating rink went from Skateland to Skate City *or* from Skate City to Skateland back to Skate City? I've heard both. Minutiae, I know.

Skate City
1220 Fort Crook Rd S
Bellevue, NE 68005
402.291.0894
http://skatecitybellevue.com/
yman97
Home Owners Association
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Skate City / Skateland (Bellevue)

Post by yman97 »

I've written about Skateland on my Omaha Exploration page and plan to do a post on Skate City soon. From checking the newspaper archives, I believe it was Skateland first. I think the confusion comes from the fact that Frank Cernik, the guy that founded Skateland started Skate City International, Inc in 1969 as part of his plan to open roller skating rinks across the country. This one remained Skateland until the early 2000s when he sold it. Here's my post if you're interested:

https://omahaexploration.com/2024/08/09 ... skateland/
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Skate City / Skateland (Bellevue)

Post by Garrett »

Blast from the past for me with Skate Daze! Nice collection of pictures.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC