Sports Announcers

Humor and off topic conversation
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Sports Announcers

Post by nebport5 »

thenewguy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:22 pm
Busguy2010 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:48 pm
Athomsfere wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:23 am
nebport5 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 am LOL. If you watch NFL games, he's the guy on CBS that makes you want to turn off the sound.
LOL, I can think of few means of torture more painful than watching the NFL on TV.
Really really off topic, but Tony Romo is one of the best analysts across all the major broadcasters for football in a long time. The name you're looking for Chris Collinsworth.
or Joe Buck

Romo one of the best!? :what: He sounds like he's going through perpetual puberty and can barely string together fluid sentences. He seems nice enough but severely lacks broadcasting skills.

Collinsworth is just an A-hole though he's gotten better since his early Monday Night days.

Joe Buck is just ok. Troy Aikman is above average.

Al Michaels is the absolute best in the business. What a loss he will be Sunday nights. Fortunately Michaels will still be around via Amazon on Thursday Night Football. The NFL should make Thursdays all marquee match ups.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by nebport5 »

Athomsfere wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:23 am
nebport5 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 am LOL. If you watch NFL games, he's the guy on CBS that makes you want to turn off the sound.
LOL, I can think of few means of torture more painful than watching the NFL on TV.

I'll raise you the insomnia cures that are baseball, bowling and golf.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Busguy2010 »

nebport5 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:21 am Romo one of the best!? :what: He sounds like he's going through perpetual puberty and can barely string together fluid sentences. He seems nice enough but severely lacks broadcasting skills.
I said one of the best analysts. He knows what hes talking about and usually predicts it pre-snap and gives an inside perspective of what to look for before it happens, which I think is really cool when you watch CBS. I have thought for a few years he and Jim Nantz have been the best duo.

Collinsworth is an a hole, and is a post-play analyst. I do think Al Michaels is the best commentator.

Joe buck and Troy Aikman have to be the blandest duo I've ever heard.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebport5 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:21 am Romo one of the best!? He seems nice enough but severely lacks broadcasting skills.
I remember reading and hearing people say the same thing the first several years John Madden (RIP) started broadcasting color for NFL games on CBS. He grew into a beloved icon..

That’s not to say the same thing will happen for Tony Romo; but he sounds like he’s just having fun in the booth broadcasting color. That’s relatable to the average to most discerning NFL fan around.. I enjoy watching games he and Jim Nance broadcast..

No tandem will ever replace Pat Summerall (also RIP) and John Madden as my all time favorite NFL broadcast team though…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Athomsfere »

I guess I sort of helped start something that had to be spun into it's own thread.

You are all welcome? lol
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

It’s actually a good and fun discussion..

And, of course, purely subjective…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by nebport5 »

For the NBA fans I can't be the only one who prefers the TNT crew to the ABC/ESPN clowns. It's an unfortunate downgrade for the finals.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebport5 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:57 am For the NBA fans I can't be the only one who prefers the TNT crew to the ABC/ESPN clowns. It's an unfortunate downgrade for the finals.
I agree-TNT is much better…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Louie »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:29 am
nebport5 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:57 am For the NBA fans I can't be the only one who prefers the TNT crew to the ABC/ESPN clowns. It's an unfortunate downgrade for the finals.
I agree-TNT is much better…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Plus you get 'Inside the NBA' which is IMO the best/most entertaining sports show on tv.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Louie wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:52 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:29 am
nebport5 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:57 am For the NBA fans I can't be the only one who prefers the TNT crew to the ABC/ESPN clowns. It's an unfortunate downgrade for the finals.
I agree-TNT is much better…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Plus you get 'Inside the NBA' which is IMO the best/most entertaining sports show on tv.
No question, it’s great. I always enjoy watching it…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Sports Announcers

Post by Busguy2010 »

With ESPN picking up Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, it makes me wonder if they will make a run at carrying the Super Bowl. I don't know the last time ESPN held the Super Bowl, if ever.

Edit: Not gonna happen. They never have, and the rotation is set through 2034.