Sketchy Omaha Discussion

Humor and off topic conversation
ricko
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm

Sketchy Omaha Discussion

Post by ricko »

Story time.

Was out with a group of people last week, and the subject of "the mob" came up; specifically centered around people we knew, or had known, in organized crime over the years. I was surprised at how much I remembered about the people I knew associated with the mob in Omaha years ago, and local crime figures who caused a stir back then (or mobbed-up businesses). There were friends from Philly and Buffalo there who were shocked that there were mob activities in Omaha. Any stories? No names or specific places, please, or my uncle Carmine might have to pay you a visit.
User avatar
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1689
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: Sketchy Omaha Discussion

Post by bigredmed1 »

Most of what we see as Vegas sports gambling was worked out in Omaha. The city was declared an "Open City" by the Mafia commission.