Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
BIGO88
Library Board
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by BIGO88 »

Looks like Bowlero is going through a midwest expansion and has purchased the Mark in elkhorn and Thunderbowl In Council Bluffs. I wonder if they have any other locations planned? I bet they could fit into an old movie theater in Midtown, Would be a perfect location for this.

https://www.kktv.com/prnewswire/2022/10 ... utType=amp
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Bowlero

Post by djc311 »

Always thought it would be awesome to put in a mini bowling lane in my basement... however, then I looked at the cost. 😲😲
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Bowlero

Post by ChadJK »

Has anyone been since the switch to Bowlero?

Bowlero
20902 Cumberland Dr
Elkhorn, NE 68022
(402) 289-4614
https://www.bowlero.com/location/bowlero-elkhorn
https://facebook.com/163803353474300
Stan
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Bowlero

Post by Stan »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2025 3:40 pm Has anyone been since the switch to Bowlero?

Bowlero
20902 Cumberland Dr
Elkhorn, NE 68022
(402) 289-4614
https://www.bowlero.com/location/bowlero-elkhorn
https://facebook.com/163803353474300
I have been to both this one and Thunderbowl in CB since Bowlero bought them out. They are so F-ing expensive when bowling should not be. I also went to a birthday party held at the Elkhorn location a few weeks back and when they brought in the pizza for the party, I wanted to complain on behalf of the hosts. They literally brought out several large pizzas that had about a 4 inch crust on it with all the toppings in the center. I couldn't believe it.
43county
Home Owners Association
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Bowlero

Post by 43county »

Looked into renting a lane for 6 for 2 hours over Christmas: it was well over $200. I’m far from cheap and waste money on dumb stuff all the time, but I’m sorry, I’m not paying that to casually bowl. Maybe people do. I won’t.
CBJason
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:01 pm
Location: MEM burbs

Re: Bowlero

Post by CBJason »

43county wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2025 7:20 pm Looked into renting a lane for 6 for 2 hours over Christmas: it was well over $200. I’m far from cheap and waste money on dumb stuff all the time, but I’m sorry, I’m not paying that to casually bowl. Maybe people do. I won’t.
WHAT?! Holy $%!+
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Bowlero

Post by Brad »

43county wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2025 7:20 pm Looked into renting a lane for 6 for 2 hours over Christmas: it was well over $200. I’m far from cheap and waste money on dumb stuff all the time, but I’m sorry, I’m not paying that to casually bowl. Maybe people do. I won’t.
Bowl at the Local Bowling Alleys
Regular Opening Bowling at the Western Bowl (132 & L) is $6.00 per game per person at the worst, but most days its less.

Regular Opening Bowling at Mocking Bird Lanes (96 south of L) is $7.00 per game per person at the worst, but most days its less.

Maplewood prices things a little different, but to compare it to your Bowlero package deal, they have a family package that includes one lane for 2 hours, up to 5 with shoes, a pizza, and a pitcher of soda for $99.

Chops has a 3 games with shoes for $17.50.
Dusty
Human Relations
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Dusty »

It will get rebranded again. They bought out Lucky Strike and will be officially changing the name to Lucky Strike Entertainment.
Omaha's Transit Future starts now. Let's make the change!
Omaha Transit Network
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by djc311 »

Dusty wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:26 am It will get rebranded again. They bought out Lucky Strike and will be officially changing the name to Lucky Strike Entertainment.
They'll keep going through this cycle until they close, IMO... love the concept and the fact there's something for ppl to do, but spending $200 for 2 hours to bowl is craziness.

Same with Spare Time on Center that took over Gordmans. We love the atmosphere... probably our favorite place to go to if we want to be around games and bowl, etc... it's like a Dave and Busters but better, IMO. However, their bowling is insanely priced just like these others. And I get it - 99% of the ppl that go there won't have their own bowling shoes, but to charge like $3/pair or more to rent them is a rip off. I don't even think you pay that much to rent ice skates.

I miss all of the locally owned bowling alleys. And to see what some of them have turned into is more disappointing. But, I guess that's how things work.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Brad »

Dusty wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:26 am It will get rebranded again. They bought out Lucky Strike and will be officially changing the name to Lucky Strike Entertainment.
Thanks for the reminder. We talked about this on Grow Omaha few weeks back and I forgot to post it and change the thread name.
djc311 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:38 am I miss all of the locally owned bowling alleys. And to see what some of them have turned into is more disappointing. But, I guess that's how things work.
We still have a half dozen locally owned bowling alleys. I posted several of them a few posts up. We go to Mockingbird and Western Bowl quite often and they are still good.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by djc311 »

Brad wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2025 8:31 am
Dusty wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:26 am It will get rebranded again. They bought out Lucky Strike and will be officially changing the name to Lucky Strike Entertainment.
Thanks for the reminder. We talked about this on Grow Omaha few weeks back and I forgot to post it and change the thread name.
djc311 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2025 7:38 am I miss all of the locally owned bowling alleys. And to see what some of them have turned into is more disappointing. But, I guess that's how things work.
We still have a half dozen locally owned bowling alleys. I posted several of them a few posts up. We go to Mockingbird and Western Bowl quite often and they are still good.
In my late teens, I was on the "traveling classic" junior bowling league, which had us bowl in a different local alley every Sunday. Kelly's Hilltop, Kelly's North Bowl, Ranch Bowl, King Louie Rose Bowl, can't remember the name of the one that's an autobody shop off 144th & Industrial, Center Lanes on top of Center Mall... SO MANY were around. Obviously in the 50's and 60's bowling had it going on, LOL.

The furthest west Omaha alley is Western Bowl, right? Their prices don't seem too bad, but their website is extremely old... makes me wonder if that is any indicator as to how well they do for business (ie, call ahead to make sure we're open... they also close down for certain breaks in the day, etc).
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by skinzfan23 »

I can't believe how expensive bowling has gotten. Last year, we went to Papio Bowl for my son's b-day party and for 10 people, 2 pizzas and a couple pitchers of pop it was well over $200.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Bowlero

Post by ChadJK »

Brad wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2025 9:23 pm Bowl at the Local Bowling Alleys
This. +1000

I grew up in Bellevue and what little bowling I did was always at Leopard Lanes or on base at Peacekeeper Lanes. Leopard Lanes is gone and is now The Alley, but I haven't been. Peacekeeper Lanes still exists on Offutt Air Force Base if you have base access. I've been to Western Bowl once or twice and I've taken my daughter to birthday parties at Sempeck's/The Mark.

The Alley (Bellevue)
Western Bowl (132nd & L)
Peacekeeper Lanes (Offutt AFB)
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Greg S »

West Lanes on 72nd north of Dodge was nice when I went there a few years ago. MapleWood lanes off 101st and Maple seems to have done a major remodel in 2024.

Greg
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by almighty_tuna »

Yep, all our bowling $$ gets spent at Western Bowl or Mockingbird Lanes. Support the local folks.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Busguy2010 »

I like to bowl, just really don't have anybody that'll go with me, little time, and definitely don't want to spend that kind of money. I'd do 3 rounds with an opponent for 15 bucks. I think that's about what it was last time I went to West Lanes pushin 10 years ago. But alas, haven't even given it the thought.

Not bowling, but thinking about times I've been good at games like these. I used to play pool with a good friend of mine at Big John's EVERY Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night for a good couple years. We got pretty darn good. Our best moment for both of us was when we racked up, he broke, continued to pocket every one of his balls, but missed the 8. I then continued to make every last of the remaining balls on the table, winning the game. We each only had one round.
It was the quickest round of pool we ever played. He was p!ssed LOL. But we'll both never forget it.

Sorry to go off topic there, but it was funny. I never got THAT into bowling, and gave up on billiards mostly because the places became too crowded and really became something of a reason for people to congregate and get drunk. I'd love to just play the game again, bowling or billiards. I got pretty good at both, but it's been going on 10 years. I guarantee I can pick up a ball and spin it like I never stopped. Might throw a couple gutters to start, but I'd get a strike pretty quick.

Anybody else have any funny gotcha moments in bowling or billiards? Personal bests? I'm digging deep in the memory bank, but I'm pretty sure my best round was 235. I know it ain't great, but not bad for a schmo.

Main thing I do now is disc golf, and thank god it's free.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by skinzfan23 »

I am like you, nothing spectacular. I used to bowl in 2 leagues just for fun. I didn't get many strikes but I also didn't get my open frames. I averaged around 180-185. My best game was a 252 I think and my best series was a 692.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Busguy2010 »

I got a turkey in the final frame before. It wasn't my best game, but that certainly saved it!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Busguy2010 »

When i was a kid I used to bowl straight, but when I was in high-school and college I discovered how to spin the ball. I don't even know what they call it, but how you curve the ball. I don't really think it makes a difference cuz I've hit strikes with both methods, but curving it is a lot more fun.
Dusty
Human Relations
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Dusty »

We went to Lucky Strike in Downtown Disney (Anaheim, CA) a few years ago. The whole experience was not enjoyable at all. You only have one hour to bowl and felt rushed. Super expensive! I felt like I told the kids....No sitting! No snacking! Just bowl! LOL!

The Bowlero by us won't even put the rates on the website. I had to call and they try and sell you a package deal of bowling and arcade. Even so, bowling averaged $30 per person per hour (shoes included) It's pretty outrageous!

There is nothing special about these places either. If you are going to charge this much, at least make it a unique experience. For example, the bowling at Great Wolf Lodge in MN makes you take 4 pictures of yourself showing emotions. Then the graphics show on the screen with your picture. Gutter ball...your angry face pops up as a baby throwing a fit. It's hilarious!
Omaha's Transit Future starts now. Let's make the change!
Omaha Transit Network
Dusty
Human Relations
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Dusty »

if you talk to a traditional bowling alley, they will tell you they make most of their money on leagues and concessions. Walk in business is a small part of the revenue. I have always thought bowling alleys need a facelift in terms of business model to attract people to the alley. I can see the concept of these multi-entertainment options. I just don't think bowling, indoor karting, high ropes couse, arcades, etc go together well. Plus, these entertainment options are high in capital cost, which explains the high cost.

To me, bowling falls into the category of yard/carnival games. it should be paired with activities like: Darts, mini- golf, bean bag toss, bocceball, etc. These other games are cheap to build and can bring in easy money with tournaments.
Omaha's Transit Future starts now. Let's make the change!
Omaha Transit Network
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by nebugeater »

SO, based on a post I saw over the weekend that was dated Aug 15, it is said that Luck X Strike in Elkorn is NOW OPEN. Did they get the rebrand complete, or was this an outdated post? I did a quick Google search and didn't see anything definitive
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 7:32 am SO, based on a post I saw over the weekend that was dated Aug 15, it is said that Luck X Strike in Elkorn is NOW OPEN. Did they get the rebrand complete, or was this an outdated post? I did a quick Google search and didn't see anything definitive
They just officially rebranded this month as Lucky Strike. Bolero has been rolling this out at all their locations.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by almighty_tuna »

Greg S wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 9:40 am Bolero has been rolling this out at all their locations.
"rolling this out," you say!!

Image
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by nebugeater »

almighty_tuna wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 11:03 am
Greg S wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 9:40 am Bolero has been rolling this out at all their locations.
"rolling this out," you say!!

Image
He was just STRIKING while the iron was hot
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Lucky Strike / Bowlero

Post by NEDodger »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 2:34 pm
almighty_tuna wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 11:03 am
Greg S wrote: Mon Aug 18, 2025 9:40 am Bolero has been rolling this out at all their locations.
"rolling this out," you say!!

Image
He was just STRIKING while the iron was hot
Please…someone spare me from this.