Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Old Color Codes

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Old Color Codes

Post by mrsticka »

Anybody remember Minneapolis/St. Paul's (MSP) old color codes for their concourses? This was back in the 90's.

Green Concourse–Now Concourses C and D
Blue Concourse–Now Concourse E
Red Concourse–Now Concourse F
Gold Concourse–Now Concourse G

This was before Concourses A and B were built. Those color codes were used until September 2000. Anybody old enough to remember them?
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Old Color Codes

Post by nativeomahan »

Yes I recall connecting several times through MSP over the years. I thought the color coded terminals unique, and a bit odd, but the Twin Cities have always marched to the beat of a different drummer, so I never gave it much thought. I do think it is a rather confusing airport to transit through, however.
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Old Color Codes

Post by damonhynes »

I've connected at MSP twice and it's my least favorite DL hub by a mile. Once was a lot of walking, the next was a lot of walking, a train, then more walking. (DTW is DL's best, while SLC and ATL are nominal.)
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Old Color Codes

Post by mrsticka »

Sometimes I wish they still used the color codes. If they did, I'll bet Concourses A and B would be labeled the Orange and Purple Concourses?