Oregon Speed Limit Signs

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2501
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Oregon Speed Limit Signs

Post by mrsticka »

If you've ever been to or lived in Oregon, surely you'll know what I'm talking about. For decades, their speed limit signs just said "Speed", not "Speed Limit" like every other state. For some reason, they omitted the word "Limit". Why was that?
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Oregon Speed Limit Signs

Post by GenX »

I stumbled upon this video a few months ago that explains it: https://youtu.be/QmGDCrxYpAU
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Oregon Speed Limit Signs

Post by BRoss »

EricHaley wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:43 pm I stumbled upon this video a few months ago that explains it: https://youtu.be/QmGDCrxYpAU
Thanks for sending me down a rabbit hole. I just watched a 28 minute video on traffic signs. :lol: