I-80 Offramp Construction
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4336
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
I-80 Offramp Construction
what's going on with the work being done on off ramps all over? Seems like they are adding a small bit of road (akin to what a bus stop would be) at 132nd & Giles, off 60th, and I think at 42nd st
Go Cubs Go
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036575
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: I-80 Offramp Construction
Never figured that out but they built one at 84th street several years ago.thenewguy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:23 pm what's going on with the work being done on off ramps all over? Seems like they are adding a small bit of road (akin to what a bus stop would be) at 132nd & Giles, off 60th, and I think at 42nd st
They are also moving a bunch of dirt at 72nd street too.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
orangeboots
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:27 am
Re: I-80 Offramp Construction
They are building what they call Accident Investigation Areas. I think is is to move less serious wrecks to these areas to do the paperwork etc.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003384
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: I-80 Offramp Construction
From this year's Moving the Metro:
Starting summer 2023 through fall 2023, construction on accident investigation sites on I-80 at Giles Rd, 84th St, 72nd St, 60th St and 13th St will begin. These sites will be used by the Nebraska State Patrol to clear the road by moving and investigating crashes on these areas. Near each site, lanes and shoulders will be closed intermittently