1,000,003,028 Weather Thread

Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, Des Moines, and the rest of Nebraska and Iowa
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106377
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

1,000,003,028 Weather Thread

Post by almighty_tuna »

Expanding red giant Sun boils the Earth, depleting it of nearly every resource.

Image
As we approach the year 1,000,003,028, regular readers will observe that the Sun, in its final hurrah of expansion and helium depletion, has expanded to overtake Mercury and Venus while its outer atmosphere enters Earth's orbit. With the atmosphere entirely stripped, our planet is now subject to unencumbered bombardment by a plethora of cosmic rays. Officials with NWS Valley state the outlook for the metro area is bleak. Though denizens, most without homes and suffering from severe cell destruction due to gamma radiation, can still look ahead to the opening of our newest MegaSaver at 838 & 1/2 Road along the Stanton Co Beltway. Doris Helwig, resident of the suburb of Pilger, relayed her excitement to finally have access to remarkable savings on mint snuff as her skin burned away to ashes.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: 1,000,003,028 Weather Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

The real question is did the geomagnetic storm knock out the lightspeed rail system? I hate to imagine the headache it's gonna be to run to the spaceport and get the heck outta Dodge. Hope I don't miss the last ship!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 1,000,003,028 Weather Thread

Post by nebugeater »

SO as I start to prepare for this, does anyone have a recommendation for the SPF level of sun screen I should stock up on?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: 1,000,003,028 Weather Thread

Post by BRoss »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:53 am SO as I start to prepare for this, does anyone have a recommendation for the SPF level of sun screen I should stock up on?
SPF 1000000000