Grow Omaha wrote:bb.q Chicken is opening its first Nebraska or Iowa location in a former PepperJax space at 2521 South 132nd Street in Omaha. The restaurant sells Korean fried chicken (The letters, “bb.q,” stand for “Best of the Best Quality”). The company is based in Seoul, South Korea and has more than 3,500 locations in 57 countries. The closest existing locations are in Kansas City and Minneapolis.
image0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nativeomahan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:56 am
I saw the signage the other day and wondered about the place. Sounds like it could expand the food options in Omaha, which is always a plus.
We love Koko's by 180th and Center. Very good fried chicken wings and tenders with all sorts of delicious sauces. Prices have gone up quite a bit since they last opened, but it's still a decent deal when you buy their large order options.
I stopped in here for the first time last night. The place was fairly busy. Looked like mostly young Koreans in their late teens and twenties. It's got a fun vibe. They mostly serve up Korean fried chicken which is a bit of an Asian food trend right now. You can get takeout at the counter. Otherwise, it's a full service restaurant. It's not fast food. It takes 20-30 minutes to get your chicken. The chicken was very good. I also tried their Mala Ddeok-Bokki which was also very tasty (and spicy).
ChadJK wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:59 ambb.q Chicken
2521 S 132nd St
Omaha, NE 68144
531.213.2295 https://bbqchicken.com/
I stopped in here for the first time last night. The place was fairly busy. Looked like mostly young Koreans in their late teens and twenties. It's got a fun vibe. They mostly serve up Korean fried chicken which is a bit of an Asian food trend right now. You can get takeout at the counter. Otherwise, it's a full service restaurant. It's not fast food. It takes 20-30 minutes to get your chicken. The chicken was very good. I also tried their Mala Ddeok-Bokki which was also very tasty (and spicy).
This is very close to my residence and I drive and or walk by this strip location nearly every day. There has been, in its history, at least one restaurant failure at that location- Including Uncle Maddio’s Pizza- which didn’t survive a full calendar year. If their product is good though, I hope they can survive and make it. I’ll have to give them a try…