Looks like the old KFC is getting Demolished to make way for a Bank of America
The proposed project would result in demolition of the existing building and construction of a new, 4,275 square-foot bank. There would be 30 parking stalls to serve the bank as well as two ATM drive-thru lanes.
Louie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 am
30 feels like a lot of parking stalls for a bank branch. But what do I know.
Financial services require 1 space per 300 square feet, so its about double the minimum city requirement. I have never worked with Bank of America, but some but national companies have their own requirements that exceed local requirements.
Louie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 am
30 feels like a lot of parking stalls for a bank branch. But what do I know.
Financial services require 1 space per 300 square feet, so its about double the minimum city requirement. I have never worked with Bank of America, but some but national companies have their own requirements that exceed local requirements.
They’re probably just using the parking lot that’s there as is.
Louie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 am
30 feels like a lot of parking stalls for a bank branch. But what do I know.
Financial services require 1 space per 300 square feet, so its about double the minimum city requirement. I have never worked with Bank of America, but some but national companies have their own requirements that exceed local requirements.
They’re probably just using the parking lot that’s there as is.
No, looking at the site plan in the link, its different.
I closed all accounts at B of A within 6 months of opening them when we moved to Michigan. Hidden fees, lousy customer service, other reasons. There are better banks out there. I've had good experience with Chase. I know it's been almost 16 years since I worked with them but I always enjoyed dealing with First National Bank of Omaha.
I've got a credit card with BOA, but wouldn't think of having a checking account. They just seem like a garbage bank to work with. It's bad timing with all the TD Ameritrade upheaval, but I just moved my checking stuff over to Schwab, and am really happy with them.
Louie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 am
30 feels like a lot of parking stalls for a bank branch. But what do I know.
Financial services require 1 space per 300 square feet, so its about double the minimum city requirement. I have never worked with Bank of America, but some but national companies have their own requirements that exceed local requirements.
They’re probably just using the parking lot that’s there as is.
The Chase Bank on North 90 is keeping the old bank footprint but is replacing the parking lot.
mgoett wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm
Chase and BoA have been making a big footprint in Omaha lately.
I wonder if one of them will try and buy FNBO. And eventually move most of the jobs to some other city. Wouldn’t completely surprise me. It may be an offer they can’t refuse. Those are two of the largest banks in the country, and FNBO is one of the country’s largest privately held banks.
Last edited by Cermak on Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cermak wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 am
I wonder if one of them will try and buy FNBO. And eventually move most of the jobs to some other city. Wouldn’t completely surprise me.
Please no, FNBO is the oldest Nebraskan company, we can't afford to lose another of our companies to a monopoly, especially FNBO who occupies our current tallest building.
mgoett wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm
Chase and BoA have been making a big footprint in Omaha lately.
I wonder if one of them will try and buy FNBO. And eventually move most of the jobs to some other city. Wouldn’t completely surprise me. It may be an offer they can’t refuse. Those are two of the largest banks in the country, and FNBO is one of the country’s largest privately held banks.
Pretty sure FNBO wouldn't be a buyout target.... As a mostly privately held company, it'd have to be a family decision to sell, and given that the Lauritzen family has controlled the bank for many years, I doubt they'd want out...
Brad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am
My entire life, I have never used anything but local banks. What is the draw to using one of the big out of state banks?
Now days, I'm not sure. A national bank was good for me back when I moved around a bit and it was easier than changing banks, but that was back in the early 2000s when access to a branch was more important. These days, not so much (I honestly don't remember the last time I actually went to the bank). But I've been perfectly happy with USBank for the last 20+ years so I've never changed.
Brad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am
My entire life, I have never used anything but local banks. What is the draw to using one of the big out of state banks?
If you live or plan to live in different states, it is nice to bank where there is a possibility of having a branch in other areas or areas that you travel to a lot.
That is how I got started many years ago with Wells Fargo.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Brad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am
My entire life, I have never used anything but local banks. What is the draw to using one of the big out of state banks?
For Schwab / Chase:
Better technology. ATM fee reimbursement. No additional currency conversion fee when travelling abroad. Generally linked to an investment account directly for ease of transfer between self-directed investment / checking.
If you're talking small business accounts you've also got the too big to fail security if you're holding over $250k for operational costs.
I feel like FNBO is in the opposite of a sweet spot. Too big to feel like you personally matter, too small to have the technology and features that the too big to fail banks have.
Brad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am
My entire life, I have never used anything but local banks. What is the draw to using one of the big out of state banks?
My credit cards are already with those banks, and more/better international services.
One advantage is JPMorgan Chase pays a great dividend. So if you wanted to support a bank that is in your portfolio. I use a cash management account with fidelity that sweeps to a money market account. I dislike the whole bailout thing. But some of my cash sweeps to banks.
I won't get into why my old credit union motivated me to switch, but I had my IRAs with Schwab already via TD Ameritrade. I don't need branching services, there are no garbage gotcha fees and they refund ATM fees worldwide. The default is to also open a individual brokerage account with them, so I use that as a "savings account" and park emergency cash in low risk money market funds paying a little over 5% right now.