NW of Saddle Creek and Dodge

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

NW of Saddle Creek and Dodge

Post by iamjacobm »

I think I said this before but didn’t want this to get lost in the fast food thread. A firm based out of KC Drake Development bought the Burger King, Qdoba and the Panera/Westlake building. I was told the new owners were not renewing any leases here so they could redevelop them all. Not sure what the plans are but I’d assume apartments.

Also find it funny I don’t they were able to buy the Long a John Silvers lot so that may be staying.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: NW of Saddle Creek and Dodge

Post by djc311 »

iamjacobm wrote: Tue May 13, 2025 7:30 am I think I said this before but didn’t want this to get lost in the fast food thread. A firm based out of KC Drake Development bought the Burger King, Qdoba and the Panera/Westlake building. I was told the new owners were not renewing any leases here so they could redevelop them all. Not sure what the plans are but I’d assume apartments.

Also find it funny I don’t they were able to buy the Long a John Silvers lot so that may be staying.
I am never over there, but I'd be surprised if Qdoba already shuts down. I remember when Ace went in and Target was still over there. That's when Saddle Creek was great... I'm running for office and my slogan will be "Make Saddle Creek Great Again". :lol:
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4698
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: NW of Saddle Creek and Dodge

Post by Garrett »

iamjacobm wrote: Tue May 13, 2025 7:30 am I think I said this before but didn’t want this to get lost in the fast food thread. A firm based out of KC Drake Development bought the Burger King, Qdoba and the Panera/Westlake building. I was told the new owners were not renewing any leases here so they could redevelop them all. Not sure what the plans are but I’d assume apartments.

Also find it funny I don’t they were able to buy the Long a John Silvers lot so that may be staying.
https://www.drakekc.com/projects

Not a super crazy portfolio under their belt, so I guess we'll see what they come up with. Not having LJS's lot seems like quite the constraint
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: NW of Saddle Creek and Dodge

Post by Padre »

As I recall, there was a lot of speculation that area would be redeveloped when the Target went out. It’s kind of an awkward spot right now.

I would miss the hardware store.