Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2804
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by nebport5 »

Didn’t see a dedicated thread for this project though previously included with the failed Flatiron project.

Looks like the apartment portion will be called “The Standard”.


Image
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by GenX »

This was before the Planning Board this past September.
Looks like they're adding an addition on the south side for stairs and an elevator. I've seen this with other older historic buildings, and I assume it is for code.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/08.pdf
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Image
Jins123
Library Board
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 am

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by Jins123 »

The folks @ Dirty Birds announced theyll be opening a second food concept place named, Colettes, an Italian sandwich and few other goodies in a bay here.
Image
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2804
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by nebport5 »

"Italian sandwiches, retail wine, beer, and other curated goodies." This should be great for the neighborhood and downtown.

Perhaps something to fill the void of The Buvette Deli?


I wonder if they were originally looking at going in at 1501 Howard St. I don’t know if anyone else caught the sign in the window of the rendering below...


Image
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4699
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by Garrett »

nebport5 wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2025 2:52 pm "Italian sandwiches, retail wine, beer, and other curated goodies." This should be great for the neighborhood and downtown.

Perhaps something to fill the void of The Buvette Deli?


I wonder if they were originally looking at going in at 1501 Howard St. I don’t know if anyone else caught the sign in the window of the rendering below...


Image
Katz’s????? Interesting
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by Linkin5 »

Wait how old is this rendering, I feel like this exact photo was posted years ago and the Katz’s part was kind of mocked.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by Brad »

Linkin5 wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2025 5:37 pm Wait how old is this rendering, I feel like this exact photo was posted years ago and the Katz’s part was kind of mocked.
Its not for this project, he posted it as a reference. The correct rendering is in the first post in this thread.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2804
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by nebport5 »

Brad wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2025 6:04 pm
Linkin5 wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2025 5:37 pm Wait how old is this rendering, I feel like this exact photo was posted years ago and the Katz’s part was kind of mocked.
Its not for this project, he posted it as a reference. The correct rendering is in the first post in this thread.
Yes, I wouldn’t read into it, I just think whoever made the rendering was having fun and demonstrating the forthcoming first floor restaurant space. I mentioned it here because they’re both Clarity projects. Previously we’ve heard about an upscale restaurant going in at the 15th & Howard rehab so it’s cool to see another food draw go in here to further develop as a micro neighborhood that The Flatiron District will hopefully become.
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

Re: Standard Oil Building (500 S 18th St)

Post by Linkin5 »

Brad wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2025 6:04 pm
Linkin5 wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2025 5:37 pm Wait how old is this rendering, I feel like this exact photo was posted years ago and the Katz’s part was kind of mocked.
Its not for this project, he posted it as a reference. The correct rendering is in the first post in this thread.
Ah ok thanks for the clarification.