Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya (Blackstone)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya (Blackstone)

Post by ChadJK »

iamjacobm wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:00 pm Looks like a place called Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya is going here. There is a place by the same name in Lincoln.
I think this place may have opened:

Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya
3863 Farnam St Ste 201
Omaha, NE 68131
(531) 213-2708
https://koenblackstone.com/
swgiust
Library Board
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya (Blackstone)

Post by swgiust »

This restaurant is open in Blackstone.
Last edited by swgiust on Thu Sep 04, 2025 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuildTaller
Home Owners Association
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2025 9:57 am

Re: Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya (Blackstone)

Post by BuildTaller »

swgiust wrote: Tue Sep 02, 2025 3:11 pm This restaurant is open in Blackstone. I have eaten there. I found it falls into the same category as these new Brazilian Steakhouses. It's a novelty, expensive, and the food is average. Now if your looking for a fun, engaging evening with a group, I could recommend. But if you looking for the best Japanese, Sushi, Or Thai, I would look elsewhere.
Why are you comparing this with Brazillian churrascaria or Thai food? Prices look the same as any other Japanese restaurant in the area.
swgiust
Library Board
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya (Blackstone)

Post by swgiust »

Ugh
Last edited by swgiust on Thu Sep 04, 2025 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
BuildTaller
Home Owners Association
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2025 9:57 am

Re: Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya (Blackstone)

Post by BuildTaller »

swgiust wrote: Wed Sep 03, 2025 10:57 am you can find better Asian elsewhere.
Just generalizing the food from a continent of over 2 billion people. :koko:
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Koen Japanese BBQ & Izakaya (Blackstone)

Post by nativeomahan »

When I dine at a restaurant at the end of the meal I ask and answer two questions. 1. Would I return to dine there? And, if I answer that question in the affirmative, 2. Would I order the same menu items again?
What I never worry about is any consideration as to whether the restaurant is the very best (sushi/ Brazilian/ Italian etc.) dining experience in the metro. The “good” shoulder never be the enemy of the “perfect”.