And the search for an apartment continues....
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm
And the search for an apartment continues....
Currently, I am looking for an apartment.
and I have found two candiates.
This one:
http://www.apartmentguide.com/Property/ ... tner=11002
^^ as you can see, it's 635 a month, pays heat, and is kinda by nebraska furnature mart, and I can get to campus through the golf coursse (which I will specifically be being a golf cart for... ;) )
They pay heat, but I gotta pay water and electricty and cable.
however, in my search, I have found this as well.
http://www.apartmentguide.com/Property/ ... tner=11002
I know they don't liste square footage, but I remember the lady I called said it was huge...so I'm assuming 800-1000 square feet realistically.
They only pay water, garbage and sewer (I think that's just all bull talk since I'm assuming garbage and sewer is free for people who live in the city limits...i don't know though) and I gotta pay heat and electricty as well as cable.
Now, are the prices going to be about the same, or is the 550 one a better deal or si the 635 one a better deal? I have a roommate coming with me, who will share my burden in making rent.
Your help in this matter would be appreciated.
and I have found two candiates.
This one:
http://www.apartmentguide.com/Property/ ... tner=11002
^^ as you can see, it's 635 a month, pays heat, and is kinda by nebraska furnature mart, and I can get to campus through the golf coursse (which I will specifically be being a golf cart for... ;) )
They pay heat, but I gotta pay water and electricty and cable.
however, in my search, I have found this as well.
http://www.apartmentguide.com/Property/ ... tner=11002
I know they don't liste square footage, but I remember the lady I called said it was huge...so I'm assuming 800-1000 square feet realistically.
They only pay water, garbage and sewer (I think that's just all bull talk since I'm assuming garbage and sewer is free for people who live in the city limits...i don't know though) and I gotta pay heat and electricty as well as cable.
Now, are the prices going to be about the same, or is the 550 one a better deal or si the 635 one a better deal? I have a roommate coming with me, who will share my burden in making rent.
Your help in this matter would be appreciated.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106377
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
And the search for an apartment continues....
When I lived in a newly constructed 2bedroom, ~1,000sqft apt on the 2nd of 3 floors my gas bill was ~$50/mo. YMMV as we were in Sarpy Co at the time, using Aquila not MUD. But its also one less bill you would have to pay, and looking at the second one at 48th and Cuming it doesn't seem to be the most energy efficient place. My vote is for the one near NFM. You will be close to any store you might need, eg the new Target, chances are its a newer complex and closer to UNO. It seems odd that you wouldn't pay heat but you would pay water though.
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm
And the search for an apartment continues....
well that's what the first one said.
well the second one is 550 a month..I mean, sure it might not be the best more efficient place.
But I think the top one doesn't rent out to students...
I gotta check on that though, the bottom one does rent out to students, and I appreciate that, plus free laundry, (good cause I don't like quarters) I don't know though
once I move though, I'll take pictures of the place.
well the second one is 550 a month..I mean, sure it might not be the best more efficient place.
But I think the top one doesn't rent out to students...
I gotta check on that though, the bottom one does rent out to students, and I appreciate that, plus free laundry, (good cause I don't like quarters) I don't know though
once I move though, I'll take pictures of the place.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106377
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
And the search for an apartment continues....
Um...isn't that a violation or something? I'd think if you had the $$/credit then you're in.ModestMouse wrote:But I think the top one doesn't rent out to students...
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
And the search for an apartment continues....
many rent controlled places, by law, can't rent to students.
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
And the search for an apartment continues....
You should try craigslist! 
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm
And the search for an apartment continues....
I've looked there.
You got to remember, I'm a poor student, I'm going to be living off of loan money and probably a very poor paying minimum wage job in omaha.
I can't go for anything realistically over 630ish bceause I still got to keep in mind rent...etc
And for the craigslist thing...if you put it down to about 600 a month plus all utilties we will pay..I'd do it. =P
1750!? c'mon!!!!
The reason why people don't rent to college kids is because of the uncertainity of getting the rent money. remember, alot of college kids live off of loan money as well as jobs, it's still very hard to keep alot of that stuff in traack because well, a) I'm going to be 19..and living in a much bigger city, and it's the first time I'll be balancing the bills, mangaing money all by myself, *EEP!* b) students are risks. students are more prone to do stupid things, get caught doing stupid things and some students can really disrupt neighbors by playing loud music, having house parties...etc.
some rental companies simply don't want to deal with it.
But honeslty, what do you think the theating bill for a 1000 square foot 2 bedroom apartment would be? I'm hoping its under 70 bucks...
You got to remember, I'm a poor student, I'm going to be living off of loan money and probably a very poor paying minimum wage job in omaha.
I can't go for anything realistically over 630ish bceause I still got to keep in mind rent...etc
And for the craigslist thing...if you put it down to about 600 a month plus all utilties we will pay..I'd do it. =P
1750!? c'mon!!!!
The reason why people don't rent to college kids is because of the uncertainity of getting the rent money. remember, alot of college kids live off of loan money as well as jobs, it's still very hard to keep alot of that stuff in traack because well, a) I'm going to be 19..and living in a much bigger city, and it's the first time I'll be balancing the bills, mangaing money all by myself, *EEP!* b) students are risks. students are more prone to do stupid things, get caught doing stupid things and some students can really disrupt neighbors by playing loud music, having house parties...etc.
some rental companies simply don't want to deal with it.
But honeslty, what do you think the theating bill for a 1000 square foot 2 bedroom apartment would be? I'm hoping its under 70 bucks...
-
cosita
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:21 am
And the search for an apartment continues....
Man do I feel stupid. We're renting out our basement which has it's own kitchen and bathroom for 350 a month total. :lmao
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm
And the search for an apartment continues....
I don't know, I kinda don't know wehre to start with that stuff....
I'm kinda just...open I guess, but I need a 2 bedroom apartment that pays some utilties and if possible, under 500 bucks a month...don't konw where i'd find that...
I'm kinda just...open I guess, but I need a 2 bedroom apartment that pays some utilties and if possible, under 500 bucks a month...don't konw where i'd find that...
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
And the search for an apartment continues....
What's the 'rent' in UNO's dorms anyway? They look like they'd be expensive (doesn't look like quite the spartan living I enjoyed in Cather Hall).
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm
And the search for an apartment continues....
400 hundred a month per person I think..
And I don't want to live in a dorm, I can always meet people at shows, parties...the classroom...etc
Plus under 10% of the student population lives in the dorms.
And I don't want to live in a dorm, I can always meet people at shows, parties...the classroom...etc
Plus under 10% of the student population lives in the dorms.
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm
And the search for an apartment continues....
we don't know yet.
The search goes on.
The search goes on.
-
shengs75
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:18 pm
- Location: I'm west of 72nd, so I guess that's West Omaha.
Home Rental website
I'm thinking about starting a website where landlords can list and tenants can search. It'd be a free site, so it's like a craigslist, but with field searching capability and potentially a Google Map interface for map searches.
Any suggestions or recommendations? I especially need ideas for marketing the site.
These will be for private listings, so it doesn't compete against apartment.com and rent.com.
It would probably compete against rentkwik.com and rentclick.com and craigslist.
Any suggestions or recommendations? I especially need ideas for marketing the site.
These will be for private listings, so it doesn't compete against apartment.com and rent.com.
It would probably compete against rentkwik.com and rentclick.com and craigslist.