American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Coyote »

American Interstate Place (SWC 156th & Maple)

Many of these stores are already open. I drove past it today and much of the outer bays look empty.
I didn't know the name of this until this afternoon. Kind of a strange name American Interstate Place :?
At least they are attempting to landscape. A Larger version: American Interstate Place

Image
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Where is this located?
scraper
Home Owners Association
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:20 am

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by scraper »

It is pretty sad - the buildings have been built for months and so far a ton of empty bays and what is in there is pretty poor. A UPS store, Subway, Caribou, Cingular, Max I Walker and a tanning place. Disappointing to say the least.
BFarrell
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Somewhere out West

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by BFarrell »

SW corner 156th & Maple

There is supposed to be a bar coming online there soon
They claim to be around 35% occupied
I think they wont have too much problem leasing space here.
what is in there is pretty poor
what do you think 'should' be there? I dont think the tenant mix there is all that bad. And the buildings are quite appealing IMHO.
Finn
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1387
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
Location: DC

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Finn »

Can someone get some photos of the buildings?
adam186
Planning Board
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
Location: Omaha

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by adam186 »

Some people here think everything needs to be unique and different with high class tenants. It ain't going to happen, not even in bigger cities for a place like this.
BFarrell
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Somewhere out West

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by BFarrell »

here is another rendering, I live close to them though so if I get the chance I will snap a few pics

Image
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Coyote »

Thanks BFarrell.
I did a drive by shooting during lunch: (Yes it was raining)

Image


Image


Image


Image


Image
adam186
Planning Board
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
Location: Omaha

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by adam186 »

where is this at?
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Coyote »

156th & West Maple.
You can see the old Veterans Home across the street in the last picture.
adam186
Planning Board
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
Location: Omaha

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by adam186 »

Ahh, okay. I have driven by there very little in the last few years. Thanks!!
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3273
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I remember going to that Hy-Vee one time last summer while the rest of the devlopment was under construction. It's definitely the nicest looking one in Omaha that I know of.
User avatar
Ingersoll1978
Library Board
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:27 pm
Location: Des Moines

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Ingersoll1978 »

That is a fine looking Hy-Vee. Is this next to the shopping center then? If the place has a Caribou, I think it's great (I'm a Caribou luvr)!
scraper
Home Owners Association
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:20 am

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by scraper »

I definately think the buildings are really nice. But putting in a Max I Walker in an end space where you can see all the clothes in the backroom through the windows? Come on.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Coyote »

Image
BFarrell
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Somewhere out West

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by BFarrell »

I'm a big fan of the light fixtures you can see in the picture of the Hy-Vee. They give a little different feel to the area. Definetly one of the nicer Hy-Vee's in town. From the outside I guess. Too bad they had to build an awful looking red! Wal-Mart just West of here.

American Interstate Place along with Westpoint retail on the Northeast corner, North of Hollywood Diner makes for significant vacancy to be filled in at 156th.
We'll see, there is still a decent amount of residential developing to the North and West to service.
futrecndvlpr
Home Owners Association
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:07 pm

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by futrecndvlpr »

This is a pretty nice looking little area, to bad the folks that are develping the area around Lowe's on 144th & Maple couldn't have come up with something this decent looking.

Has anyone seen that horribly ugly looking 2 story strip center being developed by Hoich on the east side of Lowes, good lord.
BFarrell
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:56 pm
Location: Somewhere out West

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by BFarrell »

It is kinda strange that it does not matach anything else on that corner. I bet the spaces on the lower level have trouble leasing being that they are right in right out access.
User avatar
UNOstudent
Human Relations
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:27 pm

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by UNOstudent »

Beginning of something across 160th on the south side of Maple

Image
Raraavis
Library Board
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:36 pm

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Raraavis »

I believe this whole development is being done by Hy-Vee they have started developing all the land around their stores.

There is room for another sit down restaurant by TGI Friday's and room for another large Anchor store to the West of Hy-Vee as well.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Brad »

American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

HyVee is adding a micro fulfillment center on the west side of their store.

Rendering and Site Plans:
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/15.pdf
HyVee wrote:The proposed store expansion is intended to fill e-commerce orders in a quick and
efficient manner for on-site customer pick up and home delivery. The space will house an
Automated Retrieval System (ARS) to quickly pick and sort the most commonly ordered
items in the store, while employees will continue to shop the store for less frequently
ordered items. This will free up space in the store for customers who prefer to do their
own shopping. The ARS will hold approximately 1 to 2 days of product at one time.

This facility has been sized based on several factors: The area required by the equipment
processing the orders, the increased market area being served, and future growth of this
service. Today e-commerce is approximately 10% of sales volume at our busiest
locations. We anticipate that this will grow to between 24% and 30% of our business and
we need to be positioned in the space to stay relevant.

The store will continue to provide Aisles Online customer pick up to its existing market
area as it does today through this facility. Customers can pick up their orders in person,
or have them shipped to their home using services such as Door Dash. The operating
hours of this service are 7 A.M. to 4 P.M. running seven days a week minus store
holidays.

E-commerce customers and delivery service trips can be controlled to avoid excessive
customer queuing or traffic by limiting order windows on the online platform. During our
peak hours (4 P.M. to 6 P.M.) at the busiest locations, we can have up to 60 customers
per hour go through our drive through lanes.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003376
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by BRoss »

Nice, about time that area filled in.
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by thejdgates »

A couple of quick updates:

Wingstop just opened a new location (15825 West Maple Rd, Suite 106) right next door to Square Donut. Signage is on the building, and according to the Wingstop website, the new location is open 11am to midnight and offers delivery.

Also, it appears that the Hy-Vee is finally doing some construction work, but it appears to be on the East side of the building near the Liquor store/pharmacy drive thru, and not the West side as shown in the construction planning information referenced last year above. Wondering if there will be changes to that side instead... Anyone with more info on this?
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Busguy2010 »

I wonder why there'd be that much more demand for online orders there than at any other Hy-vee. I stopped in that store for I think the first time ever and I was surprised to see how serious of an operation their aisles online is. Looks like they're multiple cars deep on the drive thru fairly often. Comparatively at the stores I frequent, you'd barely know they had that service available.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by djc311 »

Busguy2010 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:16 am I wonder why there'd be that much more demand for online orders there than at any other Hy-vee. I stopped in that store for I think the first time ever and I was surprised to see how serious of an operation their aisles online is. Looks like they're multiple cars deep on the drive thru fairly often. Comparatively at the stores I frequent, you'd barely know they had that service available.
Not sure about this location but the HyVee closest to us on 180th & Q St just added a carport for online order pickup. They were previously having customers drive thru lanes painted on the parking lot in front of a storage container. It definitely wasn't the safest way to do things by having 16 year old kids roll carts full of groceries across the parking lot in front of traffic.

They put that pickup expansion on the west end which is right next to the store's liquor section.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Busguy2010 »

djc311 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:24 pm Not sure about this location but the HyVee closest to us on 180th & Q St just added a carport for online order pickup. They were previously having customers drive thru lanes painted on the parking lot in front of a storage container. It definitely wasn't the safest way to do things by having 16 year old kids roll carts full of groceries across the parking lot in front of traffic.

They put that pickup expansion on the west end which is right next to the store's liquor section.
That would be the same as they're doing at 156th & Maple. I really don't get out there often at all, especially southwest so I have no clue what's going on out there. I just know in my neck of the woods (the only ones I ever go to are 78th & Cass, 108th & Fort, Saddle Creek & Center, and 90th & Center), none of them seem like they're going to be doing this, and/or you definitely don't have the lanes and the shipping container, so I'm led to believe it's not as popular over here. Maybe it is out west.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by NEDodger »

I believe you get this as a free service if you pay for the “Perks” subscription? I don’t have it so I can’t confirm though. With a lot of larger families out west, possibly more subscriptions to this which drives the Aisles usage?
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by nebugeater »

NEDodger wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:23 pm I believe you get this as a free service if you pay for the “Perks” subscription? I don’t have it so I can’t confirm though. With a lot of larger families out west, possibly more subscriptions to this which drives the Aisles usage?
I think the "perks" just changed from a subscription service to a no-charge service to collect data. Not sure how that impacts the isle on line costs. I belive it is based on the total $ of the order and how soon you want it picked up for the cost.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MrsSpr0ut
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 am

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by MrsSpr0ut »

Chick Fil A will be building in this parking lot area, adding to the fun traffic situation.
formerly annad
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Brad »

MrsSpr0ut wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:23 pm Chick Fil A will be building in this parking lot area, adding to the fun traffic situation.
Parcel ID (PIN) - 1405592202

Permits BLD-23-14608:
NEW BUILDING

CHICK-FIL-A 156TH & MAPLE
CHICK-FIL-A - 1 SF - Original Description: Free standing one story, fast food restaurant with drive thru.

15701 West Maple Road. Right on the corner next to the Pizza Place.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by djc311 »

Brad wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:19 am
MrsSpr0ut wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:23 pm Chick Fil A will be building in this parking lot area, adding to the fun traffic situation.
Parcel ID (PIN) - 1405592202

Permits BLD-23-14608:
NEW BUILDING

CHICK-FIL-A 156TH & MAPLE
CHICK-FIL-A - 1 SF - Original Description: Free standing one story, fast food restaurant with drive thru.

15701 West Maple Road. Right on the corner next to the Pizza Place.
"Pizza Place" = Union Pizza?
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by thejdgates »

If they do this, it would work. For size comparison, I clipped the 175th & Center Chick-Fil-A parcel and pasted it onto this 156th & Maple parcel and there is plenty of room to add this in even with the large parking lot.

Image
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by thejdgates »

This layout would probably make more sense:

Image
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036554
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by Brad »

Construction on the new Chick-fil-A has started.
thejdgates
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: American Interstate Place - HyVee (SWC 156th & Maple)

Post by thejdgates »

We have a… Wall!
Image