Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
I picked up my keys to my new apartment today, and there was a notice at the mailboxes. "Don't be surprised by a lot of noise on Sunday, July 2nd, from 9:00 p.m. to midnight, as there is a police car chase scene being filmed on 10th Street during this time, for a movie being filmed in Omaha". I asked what the movie was, but the leasing agents didn't know. If you like watching action movies being filmed, here's a chance to see it all.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Wow, cool. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder what the movie is.
Last edited by adam186 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
Hellenistic Kshatriya
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:29 pm
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Meh, I'm out of town.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Sounds fun. I tried my best to be an extra in the Plattsmouth movie thingy and the other extras kept screwing it up for me. Maybe they'll want a good looking extra for this movie. I may just start a career being an extra in local movies.
15-17, 26, 32
-
guy4omaha
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1278
- Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
- Location: The Big O
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Chef, can you say where at more specifically on tenth street?
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Actually, I re-read the notice after I moved in Friday, and it actually says it will be filmed tonight from 9 to midnight, around the building, which is The Green house Apartments. I think it may actually be on the stretts below 10th and Farnum.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
I went, but didnt' see anything. Drove from Howard and went south to Rosenblatte, but nothing was closed down.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Hopefully, no one made a special trip downtown for this, as it is 10:30 p.m. and I have not heard or seen anything. Took a walk earlier, and nothing out of the ordinary. I would have thought there would be camera set-up, etc. but I haven't seen a thing. 
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Hmm I wonder if this will cost them extra in the filming budget... Hopefully it will still happen.
15-17, 26, 32
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
Usually when you least expect it..The scene gets shot..
Oh well..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Oh well..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd
I've seen a few movies get shot and they usually jack around for quite some time and then shoot it eventually.
15-17, 26, 32