Apartments downtown

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here
papiostud
Home Owners Association
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:33 pm

Apartments downtown

Post by papiostud »

I'm having trouble finding any apartments east of 20th St that allows dogs. Can anyone help me out?
jjjjhskr
Human Relations
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
Location: O!

Apartments downtown

Post by jjjjhskr »

It depends on how big your dog is -The only place that allows large dogs is Cornerstone on 11th and Harney. There are others that accept smaller dogs including the Old Market Lofts and I think the Macaroni Apts.
Back Home in Omaha!
NDizona
Library Board
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 pm

Apartments downtown

Post by NDizona »

jjjjhskr wrote:It depends on how big your dog is -The only place that allows large dogs is Cornerstone on 11th and Harney. There are others that accept smaller dogs including the Old Market Lofts and I think the Macaroni Apts.
Macaroni = Skinner does not allow dog anymore as they are now managed by America First - I think they made exceptions in the past but that was under different management.

Old Market Lofts is managed by Seldin - They do not allow pets from what I understand.

Very few high end apartment complexes allow dogs- you should try and negotiate with a smaller company or just keep it a secret.
User avatar
SurfOmaha
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:54 am
Location: Downtown Omaha

Apartments downtown

Post by SurfOmaha »

Try the Pullman apartments on 10th and Pacific, kitty corner from Lucky's Restaurant, the old Angie's.
http://www.surfomaha.com
GAY RIGHTS!!!  ITS TIME TO GET ROWDY!!! http://omahagayvillage.ning.com
jjjjhskr
Human Relations
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
Location: O!

Apartments downtown

Post by jjjjhskr »

NDizona wrote:
jjjjhskr wrote:It depends on how big your dog is -The only place that allows large dogs is Cornerstone on 11th and Harney. There are others that accept smaller dogs including the Old Market Lofts and I think the Macaroni Apts.
Macaroni = Skinner does not allow dog anymore as they are now managed by America First - I think they made exceptions in the past but that was under different management.

Old Market Lofts is managed by Seldin - They do not allow pets from what I understand.

Very few high end apartment complexes allow dogs- you should try and negotiate with a smaller company or just keep it a secret.
Well, I live in Cornerstone, which I would think is considered high end and I have two large dogs. I know people who live in the Macaronii and OM Lofts who have smaller dogs but who knows, maybe the rules have changed since they moved in.
Back Home in Omaha!
NDizona
Library Board
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 pm

Apartments downtown

Post by NDizona »

Cornerstone is certainly up there - and I forgot that they allowed Dogs...

I know the new management for the Macaroni Building will not allow dogs. The old management had some sort of pet fee...

As for the Lofts - its managed by Seldin now right? I just assumed that they didn't allow dogs because they dont allow them at their other properties. I could be wrong.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Apartments downtown

Post by nebport5 »

Anyone have any thoughts on the best value one bed rooms DT?
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106376
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Apartments downtown

Post by almighty_tuna »

nebport5 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the best value one bed rooms DT?
My only experience has been a friend's place in the Conant, across the street from the Rose. I liked it and would live there if i needed a basic place to live inexpensively.
RegisResident
Home Owners Association
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Apartments downtown

Post by RegisResident »

Best value downtown would probably be Union Plaza- its on the corner of 16th & Jackson. The area is a little sketchy (right across from the greyhound station) and the building could use some work but you can get a 1 bd/1 bath for $450-$500/month.
User avatar
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)

Apartments downtown

Post by Bosco55David »

RegisResident wrote:Best value downtown would probably be Union Plaza- its on the corner of 16th & Jackson. The area is a little sketchy (right across from the greyhound station) and the building could use some work but you can get a 1 bd/1 bath for $450-$500/month.
I would be interested in that when I get back to Omaha. Just how "sketchy" is the area? Anything else you could tell me about the place would be good too. You're welcome to PM me if you don't want to post it here in the open. :yes:
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Apartments downtown

Post by DTO Luv »

RegisResident wrote:Best value downtown would probably be Union Plaza- its on the corner of 16th & Jackson. The area is a little sketchy (right across from the greyhound station) and the building could use some work but you can get a 1 bd/1 bath for $450-$500/month.
Sketchy? I wouldn't say so at all. I don't think this area is sketchy at all. It's not very active but it's not at all unsafe.
DTO
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106376
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Apartments downtown

Post by almighty_tuna »

Bosco55David wrote:
RegisResident wrote:Best value downtown would probably be Union Plaza- its on the corner of 16th & Jackson. The area is a little sketchy (right across from the greyhound station) and the building could use some work but you can get a 1 bd/1 bath for $450-$500/month.
I would be interested in that when I get back to Omaha. Just how "sketchy" is the area? Anything else you could tell me about the place would be good too. You're welcome to PM me if you don't want to post it here in the open. :yes:
I've got a friend who lives in Union Plaza and has good things to say about it. His basic criticism was that the lobby is a little underwhelming, but the actual apartments are nice places. He says the bus station is kind of noisy but not any worse than the bus stops in front of the Orpheum. Panhandling is rare for him - he's only been approached once and that was a couple months ago.
Guest

Apartments downtown

Post by Guest »

DTO Luv wrote:
RegisResident wrote:Best value downtown would probably be Union Plaza- its on the corner of 16th & Jackson. The area is a little sketchy (right across from the greyhound station) and the building could use some work but you can get a 1 bd/1 bath for $450-$500/month.
Sketchy? I wouldn't say so at all. I don't think this area is sketchy at all. It's not very active but it's not at all unsafe.
Ok... sketchy maybe wasn't the word I was looking for because it is pretty safe :) When my friends lived in the building, the common areas needed a bit of work, but the apartments were nice. The biggest negatives for the building are that it only has 1 elevator and it is right next to the fire station. The management was making improvements to the building so it probably is a bit nicer than the last time I was in it (about a yr. ago).
OmahaBen
Human Relations
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:38 pm

Apartments downtown

Post by OmahaBen »

Not immediately downtown, but the River Park apartments right across the river are fairly nice and not too expensive. With the pedestrian bridge, you can walk to downtown in 20 minutes.
Guest

Apartments downtown

Post by Guest »

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on these downtown properties or if you'd recommend one over the other?


Lofts by the market

Kensington Tower

Orpheum Tower
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am

Apartments downtown

Post by Big E »

Anonymous wrote:Lofts by the market
Are you referring to Old Market Lofts above Nomad and Urban Wine Company?

Nice apartments. LOTS of 20 somethings that treat it like a very expensive dorm. That can be a plus or minus, of course. :)
Stable genius.
Guest

Apartments downtown

Post by Guest »

Big E wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Lofts by the market
Are you referring to Old Market Lofts above Nomad and Urban Wine Company?

Nice apartments. LOTS of 20 somethings that treat it like a very expensive dorm. That can be a plus or minus, of course. :)


No actually the address is 801 S 15th St. I believe Old Market Lofts are located at 10th and Jones