Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here
User avatar
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 pm
Location: NW Omaha

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by SabrinaFaire »

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Chicagoan here. So I figured I'd share this. About a week or so ago I was at Super Target and noticed they had Vienna Mini Bagel Dogs. So I emailed Vienna and asked if we could get regular Vienna hot dogs out here. They emailed me back and told me that Target's Archer Farms Skinless Beef Franks and Jumbo Franks are made by Vienna. We checked them out, and sure enough, they're the real deal. They're also about 60% of the cost of Vienna hot dogs and on sale at the moment.
the1wags
County Board
Posts: 3854
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:43 am
Location: Denver

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by the1wags »

I'm not surprized. The summer after I graduated high school I worked at a pack and was in the hot dog room. We changed labels probably every hour or so, but the product coming out was all the same. There's probably about 3 actual different hot dogs out there. :lol:
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8179
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by Big E »

the1wags wrote:There's probably about 3 actual different hot dogs out there. :lol:
To be noted, though: none of which are actually hot nor made of dog.
Stable genius.
Goetzinger
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:26 pm
Yahoo Messenger: omahaadvertising
Location: Omaha, NE

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by Goetzinger »

Chicago Dawg House, off 108th & Maple sells Vienna Beef dogs as well as true Italian Beef. Yummy!
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4356
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
Location: Council Bluffs

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by thenewguy »

ya, they are pretty good. I drove out there just for that reason. Then raced back home ;)
Go Cubs Go
paulsbud

Re: Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by paulsbud »

SabrinaFaire wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Chicagoan here. So I figured I'd share this. About a week or so ago I was at Super Target and noticed they had Vienna Mini Bagel Dogs. So I emailed Vienna and asked if we could get regular Vienna hot dogs out here. They emailed me back and told me that Target's Archer Farms Skinless Beef Franks and Jumbo Franks are made by Vienna. We checked them out, and sure enough, they're the real deal. They're also about 60% of the cost of Vienna hot dogs and on sale at the moment.

Sabrina I love you. I've been looking for affordable Vienna Dogs for over a year. Thank you.
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by Bob from Omaha »

Weiners Circle, Gold Coast, Super Dawg. Although at Gold Coast I break from tradition and get the char cheddar dog & cheddar fries. It's a heart attack on a plate but really good.

Manny's on Jefferson. Giordano's.

You're making me really hungry.

I love Chicago.
User avatar
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 pm
Location: NW Omaha

Re: Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by SabrinaFaire »

paulsbud wrote:
SabrinaFaire wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Chicagoan here. So I figured I'd share this. About a week or so ago I was at Super Target and noticed they had Vienna Mini Bagel Dogs. So I emailed Vienna and asked if we could get regular Vienna hot dogs out here. They emailed me back and told me that Target's Archer Farms Skinless Beef Franks and Jumbo Franks are made by Vienna. We checked them out, and sure enough, they're the real deal. They're also about 60% of the cost of Vienna hot dogs and on sale at the moment.

Sabrina I love you. I've been looking for affordable Vienna Dogs for over a year. Thank you.
Don't get too excited because I'm pretty sure they stopped carrying them. I can't find them any more at least. :( It's possible that Aldi might have a brand called Parkview I think that is the Vienna hot dog, but I haven't been by to check it out.
User avatar
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 pm
Location: NW Omaha

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by SabrinaFaire »

Vienna Beef dogs are sold at Aldi under the name Parkview, nationwide, May through September. It's in the Aldi sale flyer and I asked on VB's Facebook and they confirmed. Yay!
raindownonme
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:39 pm
Yahoo Messenger: lizardking00
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by raindownonme »

SabrinaFaire wrote:Vienna Beef dogs are sold at Aldi under the name Parkview, nationwide, May through September. It's in the Aldi sale flyer and I asked on VB's Facebook and they confirmed. Yay!
Thanks so much for the info! No more driving to eastern Iowa for Vienna hot dogs!!!
User avatar
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 pm
Location: NW Omaha

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by SabrinaFaire »

RE: Aldi... yeah no go there. We couldn't find them and I ended up contacting them, they confirmed that they do not carry the Vienna-Parkview dogs in the Omaha area.

However, the hubby spotted actual Vienna Beef Hot Dogs at the Stony Brook Hy-Vee this weekend. I would assume that others have them as well. This was, of course, the day after we drove back from Chicago with a cooler full of Vienna Beef hot dogs. Figures!!
raindownonme
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:39 pm
Yahoo Messenger: lizardking00
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Chicagoans - Buying Vienna Hot Dogs

Post by raindownonme »

I picked up a couple packages of hot dogs and Polish sausages. I hope they continue to stock the Vienna brand there! Thanks for the tip.