How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here
jensen
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:52 am
Location: Omaha Nebraska (NE)

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by jensen »

I'm curious how many people here have ever gotten a professional or student massage in their lifetime? There are numerous people going to massage school, but that doesn't paint the picture of how many get one.

--Marquita Jensen
Omaha, Nebraska
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by almighty_tuna »

jensen wrote:I'm curious how many people here have ever gotten a professional or student massage in their lifetime? There are numerous people going to massage school, but that doesn't paint the picture of how many get one.

--Marquita Jensen
Omaha, Nebraska
I got a massage for the first time in years about a month ago after the Lincoln Marathon. It was free and I felt bad because I had 26miles of stink built up.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by nativeomahan »

I have had a few over the years. They can be expensive, but are well worth it.
User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by Omababe »

Years ago in a summer retreat I took a workshop in massage, which was led by a professional PT. It was well worth it, and enjoyable, especially when you were the "dummy". :)

Since then the only paid massage I remember getting is at the Ren Faire. :)
User avatar
bargainhunter
Library Board
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: CB

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by bargainhunter »

I get massages. Not as frequently as I need to though. Massage is beneficial on so many levels. Well worth it!
annad
Home Owners Association
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Country Club

Re: How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by annad »

jensen wrote:I'm curious how many people here have ever gotten a professional or student massage in their lifetime? There are numerous people going to massage school, but that doesn't paint the picture of how many get one.

--Marquita Jensen
Omaha, Nebraska
Most of my friends and I get massages - some go monthly, some go quarterly. I've gone to students as well as licensed professionals.
elwood
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Papio

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by elwood »

Usually on two-three week intervals...it's very good for you.
joeglow
Planning Board
Posts: 2645
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by joeglow »

I got my first one yesterday. It felt good, but I question if it was worth $60.
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by Linkin5 »

I got a bunch of free massages for a swimming meet one weekend. The dude used a cup and trapped heat in it, it really didn't do anything except give me weird red bruises all over my back. PS does anyone know what that kind of massage is called?
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by Coyote »

You got hickies from a massage?
cdub
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 pm
Location: Tempe. AZ

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by cdub »

I used to go to a guy who did 'sports massage'. And did more than he was probably licensed/trained to do. I stopped when someone else had reported some neck issues from his cracking (I assume he had no chiropractic training to speak of). But I would like to find one that is more than just a rub down but has the capability of some more therapeutic things for specific injuries or problems. Anyone?
User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4430
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by S33 »

Coyote wrote:You got hickies from a massage?
It's the old hotel room special. I heard they get pricey.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:48 pm
Location: Nashua, NH

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by omahastylee459 »

S33 wrote:
Coyote wrote:You got hickies from a massage?
It's the old hotel room special. I heard they get pricey.
I'm sure you can find plenty of those on craigslist :;):
User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4430
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by S33 »

omahastylee459 wrote:
S33 wrote:
Coyote wrote:You got hickies from a massage?
It's the old hotel room special. I heard they get pricey.
I'm sure you can find plenty of those on craigslist :;):
Nah, the bastards are cracking down. Turns out, the safest bet is finding a tranny on 17th and farnam.
User avatar
barattataxicab
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:54 am
Location: Omaha, NE

How many people got a massage- Marquita Jensen

Post by barattataxicab »

Messages are hmmmm good. Lov'em(if they are not new).