NFM
-
Guest
NFM
I heard a rumor today from an employee at NFM. The NFM is exploring the possibility of building a new super store out at Southport. Much of the current store location would be demolished to make room for expanded warehouse space and would also house a retail store where NFM would have clearance and damaged goods.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
NFM
That would be horrible in Omaha for several ways. However, as bad as 72nd and Dodge is getting, I could see this happening...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
NFM
I think it's actually a great idea. Their current location looks like a pieced-together cluster |expletive|. It's the flagship location, it could probably resemble that a bit more.
Anyone been to their other locations? You would see what I mean.
Anyone been to their other locations? You would see what I mean.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
NFM
I don't disagree with that. The bad part is those millions in sales tax dollars that would be lost.S33 wrote:I think it's actually a great idea. Their current location looks like a pieced-together cluster |expletive|. It's the flagship location, it could probably resemble that a bit more.
Anyone been to their other locations? You would see what I mean.
Too bad NFM didn't get the Crossroads Property.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10815
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
NFM
Would hate to see them leave the city, that would be millions(guessing) coming out of the city revenue. Also I can't see them doing anything to crazy until their Texas super mega mart is somewhat running and paid off. They are sinking a lot of cash in that place.
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
NFM
On one hand, the KC & future Texas stores are amazing, well-planned with tons of parking.
The Omaha store is in separate buildings and looks dumpy.
On the other hand, people would shop there no matter what so why bother?
The Omaha store is in separate buildings and looks dumpy.
On the other hand, people would shop there no matter what so why bother?
-
Guest
NFM
I'm not sure if NFM will move or not. I'm just going by what one of their employees told me. They are just exploring the idea. I think a NFM move makes total sense though. They have no more room to expand where they're at. Their parking areas are a mess. Interstate visibility would definately attract more business for the NFM.Anonymous wrote:File this one under nonsensical made-up rumors along with the European style village.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110959
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
NFM
Anonymous wrote:OK, I admit my friend did not tell me this. In fact, I have no friends which is why I entertain myself by posting anonymous rumors.
Thanks for comming clean!
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Guest
NFM
I am the person who originally posted this rumor about the NFM moving. I heard this rumor from an employee at NFM. This was not a friend of mine. It was a sales person who was helping me at the store. We were talking about how nice their KC store was and that's when he told me that Omaha might have a nice store like that too in a few years. That's when he told me about the company exploring the possibility of moving their store.Anonymous wrote:OK, I admit my friend did not tell me this. In fact, I have no friends which is why I entertain myself by posting anonymous rumors.
Anyway, yesterday I was at the NFM again to order more furniture. I had two different salespeople help me so I said to both of them "Hey, I heard NFM might be buiding a new store in Omaha." The first person didn't know anything about it. The second person said that the subject of building a new store has come up at employee meetings, but were only told that the company is very committed to Omaha and is exploring several different ways in which they can better serve the region. She said the company doesn't like to tell us too much.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
NFM
Here are the FACTS:
NFM was not looking at Southport. One of the land owners was was trying to shop his land to NFM. NFM has ZERO interest in moving to southport. NFM also plans on investing over $7 million in to the 72nd street campus in 2013.
NFM was not looking at Southport. One of the land owners was was trying to shop his land to NFM. NFM has ZERO interest in moving to southport. NFM also plans on investing over $7 million in to the 72nd street campus in 2013.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110959
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
NFM
Brad wrote:Here are the FACTS:
NFM was not looking at Southport. One of the land owners was was trying to shop his land to NFM. NFM has ZERO interest in moving to southport. NFM also plans on investing over $7 million in to the 72nd street campus in 2013.
That they will recoupe on the Berkshire Annual Meeting weekend!
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Guest
NFM
Again, this is the original poster. I don't know why you are being such a jerk to me. I've been a fan of this site for several years now and always enjoy reading about all the new developments in Omaha. I've never become a member of the site because I just like reading the forums and I don't really have any information about what is going on around town.Anonymous wrote:Just like previous "rumors" this person keeps coming back with a a slightly different story and always has a rebuttal. How soon before Nordstrom, IKEA, and several Fortune 500 companies from out of state, all joined by a streetcar, are added to this rumor?
So, I'm shopping at NFM and I hear from one of their employees that NFM is exploring the possibility of building a new store. I thought that was pretty big news, so I decided what the heck, I'll post it on here. I regret doing that now. Ever since, I've been accused of making this whole thing up. Since I heard this from one of NFM's employees (and later from another one of their employees), I thought this seemed to be reliable enough to sharet what I heard. I guess I will just go back to lurking around reading the forums like I have for many years and not contributing anything to them. Some of you have forgotten, this is the "rumors" section, not the "I know this for a fact" section.
Definition of a rumor: A currently circulating story or report of uncertain truth.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003379
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
NFM
Well, we've had some bad experiences with guests making up stories about new developments, so you'll have to excuse us for being a little cynical. You'd probably get a little more credibility if you actually registered. You don't have to post very often (or at all). Most of us just don't take any rumors from anonymous people seriously. I can't seem to find the thread, but if you read the one about European Village (or whatever it was called), you'd understand the cynicism.
-
Verse402
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:34 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
I guess this can be marked as true
Looks like they are opening another location in Texas... they will still keep the Omaha store open though. I agree with an earlier user that the Omaha (Headquarters) looks pretty shabby next to all of its subsequent stores.