New Building Downtown?
-
Lincoln Logger
New Building Downtown?
This morning, several guys with GDA Architect badges were doing a walking tour downtown with what looked like site plans in hand. This was down in the area around the Civic Auditorium. Does this mean new construction downtown or is the city hiring architects to do another study on the future use of the Civic?
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
New Building Downtown?
Looks like they have worked on some impressive projects in Dallas. We would be lucky to have them involved in the Civic redevelopment.
-
Lincoln Logger
New Building Downtown?
I was just looking at their web site and it says that they are licensed to do business in Nebraska. Does anybody know of any projects in Nebraska that they may have done?
-
Varsity
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:45 pm
- Location: Downtown Omaha
New Building Downtown?
On their website if you click the categories under "Practice Areas" on the bottom center of the page it comes up with their portfolio. Looks like some pretty impressive projects. I looked at residential, office, and mixed use the closest and it seems like most their work has been in Dallas/Houston/Austin, Phoenix, and Atlanta. I buzzed through the other categories pretty quickly but I don't recall seeing anything in Nebraska (or even close) though I could definitely be wrong.
Either way it was an interesting time kill. I'd love to see them put something large scale together for downtown Omaha! They've got quite the track record by the looks of it.
Either way it was an interesting time kill. I'd love to see them put something large scale together for downtown Omaha! They've got quite the track record by the looks of it.
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
- Location: New York City
New Building Downtown?
I really love their residential projects. You should've casually bumped into them causing them to drop the plans so you could look at them. :yes:
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
New Building Downtown?
Well this certainly is interesting news, I hope it isn't just a study...but I think it probably is. Good eyes to catch this, thank you!
No posts exist for this topic
-
Lincoln Logger
New Building Downtown?
I actually stopped on the sidewalk by them and bent down, untied and retied both shoes hoping to hear something about their conversation but I couldn't pick up on anything. If I wouldn't have forgot my phone in the truck, I would have just stood on the sidewalk by them pretending to be on the phone and see what I could all pick up.
-
Lincoln Logger
New Building Downtown?
I was online trying to see if I could find out anything. Did anyone else notice that GDA Architects has worked with Pacific Life before? They've financed a couple of their big developments. Any chance this could be the corporate headquarters that the mayor mentioned about "60-90 days" ago?
-
guitarguy
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1296
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 am
New Building Downtown?
I'm not getting my hopes up.. I'm sure there are lots of firms that do research/feasibility testing in Omaha all the time without planning to ever do anything about it other than produce a study for a firm looking for info.