Regency Condo Towers

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

Regency Condo Towers

Post by stormchaser »

New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
User avatar
bmt
Home Owners Association
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 pm
Location: Hastings

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by bmt »

1 billion would be a lot for some condo towers considering that the price tag for one of the new CB riverfront condo towers is 75 million.
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by stormchaser »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Not sure if there is more to the development than just condo towers or if that number was just an exaggeration...
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by nebugeater »

Keep the info flowing and welcome to the forum!

This definitely fits the definition of a Rumor at this point though for the Forum's organisation. Lets hope it or something close becomes fact though.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4694
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by Garrett »

stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
I can practically hear the NIMBYs already
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 am Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Not sure if there is more to the development than just condo towers or if that number was just an exaggeration...
Unless the $1 billion includes demolition of pre-existing structures? I'm not sure where this would fit without taking a few buildings out. The lowrise apts just south of the club seem like solid candidates.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
This sounds like some bull |expletive| I'd make up.
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by stormchaser »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:16 am
stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
This sounds like some bull |expletive| I'd make up.
I assure you it isn't made up. I'll say this much. Myself and another individual have a business relationship with the people involved trying to secure the financing (I can't give details as to exactly who and/or what the business relationship is for obvious reasons). I'm guessing the dollar amount though is an exaggeration but I believe they are at least "trying" to put something together in that area. I'm not overly optimistic it will actually happen though...
43county
Home Owners Association
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by 43county »

Not sure if this is in any way connected, but Regency Lodge is closing within the next few weeks and I'm guessing it will be torn down.
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

43county wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 am Not sure if this is in any way connected, but Regency Lodge is closing within the next few weeks and I'm guessing it will be torn down.
I think you're one to something..
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:02 pm
Location: Papillion, Omaha, and Everything in Between

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by WBR_Tom »

stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
World-Herald reported last month that Regency Lake & Tennis Club's restaurant was closed down by the Douglas County Health Department for failure to pay their permits. I thought that was kinda odd at the time, but if there's other plans for that property, it makes sense...
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by stormchaser »

WBR_Tom wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:53 am
stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
World-Herald reported last month that Regency Lake & Tennis Club's restaurant was closed down by the Douglas County Health Department for failure to pay their permits. I thought that was kinda odd at the time, but if there's other plans for that property, it makes sense...
Cough cough...yep, pretty sure this might have something to do with it ;)
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by stormchaser »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:50 am
43county wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 am Not sure if this is in any way connected, but Regency Lodge is closing within the next few weeks and I'm guessing it will be torn down.
I think you're one to something..
...and this too
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

stormchaser wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 pm
WBR_Tom wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:53 am
stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
World-Herald reported last month that Regency Lake & Tennis Club's restaurant was closed down by the Douglas County Health Department for failure to pay their permits. I thought that was kinda odd at the time, but if there's other plans for that property, it makes sense...
Cough cough...yep, pretty sure this might have something to do with it ;)
stormchaser wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:39 pm
TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:50 am
43county wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 am Not sure if this is in any way connected, but Regency Lodge is closing within the next few weeks and I'm guessing it will be torn down.
I think you're one to something..
...and this too
I'm a little confused now. How are they both related? The Regency Lodge is nowhere near the Lake and Tennis Club Restaurant. The Lodge is a hotel on the west side of the Papio Creek.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by stormchaser »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:10 pm
stormchaser wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 pm
WBR_Tom wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:53 am
stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
World-Herald reported last month that Regency Lake & Tennis Club's restaurant was closed down by the Douglas County Health Department for failure to pay their permits. I thought that was kinda odd at the time, but if there's other plans for that property, it makes sense...
Cough cough...yep, pretty sure this might have something to do with it ;)
stormchaser wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:39 pm
TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:50 am
43county wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 am Not sure if this is in any way connected, but Regency Lodge is closing within the next few weeks and I'm guessing it will be torn down.
I think you're one to something..
...and this too
I'm a little confused now. How are they both related? The Regency Lodge is nowhere near the Lake and Tennis Club Restaurant. The Lodge is a hotel on the west side of the Papio Creek.
My mistake, I was thinking it was all part of the same property. The Lake and Tennis club is what I'm referring to then. Property in the attached image...


Image
daveoma
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1213
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by daveoma »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:16 am
stormchaser wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 am New member here. I have an extremely reliable source (so not really a rumor) that developers are currently trying to secure financing (for apparently up to $1 billion) for 2 large high-rise condo towers on and/or near the current location of the Regency Lake & Tennis Club. Of course trying to secure financing and actually getting financing are 2 different things but it would definitely be an interesting development if it happens.
This sounds like some bull |expletive| I'd make up.
:lol:
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by nativeomahan »

Are you smoking the weed, or do you prefer edibles? Either way you are over your limit.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by nativeomahan »

43county wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 am Not sure if this is in any way connected, but Regency Lodge is closing within the next few weeks and I'm guessing it will be torn down.
The place really was rather run down. A year or so ago they still had old style TVs in their guest rooms.
User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

nativeomahan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:05 pm
43county wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 am Not sure if this is in any way connected, but Regency Lodge is closing within the next few weeks and I'm guessing it will be torn down.
The place really was rather run down. A year or so ago they still had old style TVs in their guest rooms.
They had a nice pool, rip
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by Bob from Omaha »

That hotel was built as one of the early Ramada inns. In its day it was a very successful property.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by Greg S »

I just can't see $1 billion or anything close to that going up in Regency. I can't see ever half that in that area.

Greg
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by Bob from Omaha »

Dan Gilbert of quicken loans is building an 80 story skyscraper for less than a billion in downtown Detroit.

This recency thing is a canard. Nowhere near enough land, nowhere near the demand, nowhere near the justification. Yeah, I believe the story.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by nebugeater »

Bob from Omaha wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am Dan Gilbert of quicken loans is building an 80 story skyscraper for less than a billion in downtown Detroit.

This recency thing is a canard. Nowhere near enough land, nowhere near the demand, nowhere near the justification. Yeah, I believe the story.
What we are missing is that is is $100,000,000 of construction and $900,000,000 of studies.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by MadMartin8 »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:57 am
Bob from Omaha wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am Dan Gilbert of quicken loans is building an 80 story skyscraper for less than a billion in downtown Detroit.

This recency thing is a canard. Nowhere near enough land, nowhere near the demand, nowhere near the justification. Yeah, I believe the story.
What we are missing is that is is $100,000,000 of construction and $900,000,000 of studies.
Hmm, I question those numbers. I think we need a study on the study to confirm.
No posts exist for this topic
User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Bennington

Re: Regency Condo Towers

Post by Stargazer »

Two months too late.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.