AIM Institute

News and releases from metro area businesses
ita
County Board
Posts: 4749
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

AIM Institute

Post by ita »

The AIM Institute has sold Careerlink to Yahoo and Microsoft alumni, per a SPN article published today. This is part of a refocusing on the Institute's mission to train individuals for careers and to fill jobs locally. Careerlink will continue to have a local focus, but with expanded tools. Interesting development and hope the two entities will continue to progress.

https://siliconprairienews.com/2020/06/ ... rlink-llc/
Last edited by ita on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003386
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: AIM Institute

Post by BRoss »

I'm in AIM's aspiring leader program right now. I didn't realize they were behind Silicon Prairie News.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: AIM Institute

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

HR Paperstacks wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:59 am I'm in AIM's aspiring leader program right now. I didn't realize they were behind Silicon Prairie News.
I literally stumbled upon that information when I was doing some Omaha/Tech company research...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
ProgKingHughesker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 am

Re: AIM Institute

Post by ProgKingHughesker »

I can't be the only one who saw the name AIM and thought back to instant messaging in middle school
ita
County Board
Posts: 4749
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: AIM Institute

Post by ita »

ProgKingHughesker wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:36 pm I can't be the only one who saw the name AIM and thought back to instant messaging in middle school
You're not alone. Spent too many hours on AIM as a teenager.
Omahacritic
Human Relations
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:10 am

Re: AIM Institute

Post by Omahacritic »

HR Paperstacks wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:59 am I'm in AIM's aspiring leader program right now. I didn't realize they were behind Silicon Prairie News.
Talk to me about the “Aspiring Leader” program
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003386
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: AIM Institute

Post by BRoss »

Omahacritic wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:53 am
HR Paperstacks wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:59 am I'm in AIM's aspiring leader program right now. I didn't realize they were behind Silicon Prairie News.
Talk to me about the “Aspiring Leader” program
It's a program to learn leadership skills for those who either desire to be a leader in the future or are in the position already and wanting to grow. It focuses a lot on soft skills.

They bring in people from different Omaha companies each session to share their experiences. This is all normally done in a classroom, but due to covid, is being conducted online.

If you're interested, a lot of Omaha companies pay to send their employees to this. Might be something to look into.
Omahacritic
Human Relations
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:10 am

Re: AIM Institute

Post by Omahacritic »

As a contributor, could do it.

Sounds like a good thing.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003386
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: AIM Institute

Post by BRoss »

Omahacritic wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:58 am As a contributor, could do it.

Sounds like a good thing.
Btw, it's called the emerging leaders program. I mixed up the name a little.