Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
I just briefly caught one of the City Cams on WOWT and it looked like there is a large "Lumen" sign on one of the buildings? May be the Century Link building?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
Yes, caught it again, it replaced the CenturyLink sign.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11634
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
I see it on the Citycam. That is a really large sign.
-
SiliconFarmer
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:30 pm
- Location: Downtown
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
CenturyLink has rebranded to Lumen Technologies
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
That would have sounded cool. Change from Centurylink Center to the Lumen Center. Oh well...
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2333
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
I saw it as well last weekend while DT. It’s really a large sign, does it light up at night ? I like it.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
Yes.Cermak wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:31 pm I saw it as well last weekend while DT. It’s really a large sign, does it light up at night ? I like it.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
SiliconFarmer
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:30 pm
- Location: Downtown
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
Neat! In other lighted sign news, 1414 Harney has a BERRY LAW sign on the west face of the building. That went up a couple weeks ago, I'll try to get a photo posted.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
AT&T ("Ma Bell") -> US West -> Qwest -> CenturyLink -> Lumen
Did I miss any?
Did I miss any?
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1278
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: Large "Lumen" sign downtown?
ATT>Northwestern Bell>US West.
(Anyone remember when you had to turn in your phones upon the Bell breakup?)
(Anyone remember when you had to turn in your phones upon the Bell breakup?)