FSC Edge - 13831 Chalco Valley Parkway

News and releases from metro area businesses
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

FSC Edge - 13831 Chalco Valley Parkway

Post by ita »

Up to 500 workers needed to launch new Omaha-area business tied to federal patents
Cindy Gonzalez
A new Omaha-area business offers a tantalizing perk — a trip to Europe, anyone? — as it starts to fill up to 500 jobs to carry out a contract that propels a local workforce into the world of patents.

FSC Edge is taking some of its early hires to a France-based sister company for training. They’re preparing for the new local venture that will manage documents and data for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Led by Omahan Steve Scheuber, FSC Edge has been awarded a highly specialized contract that has a potential maximum value of $1.4 billion over a decade.

Faced with a labor shortage and a need to get the operation up and running later next year, Scheuber says his team is trying to create a Google-like campus to attract a workforce of 300 by July and about 500 within three years.

A range of talent is needed, including software engineers and managers, but the bulk of workers will be data entry operators who have a high school diploma and computer skills.
This is good news and these guys won a contract for work that has been exclusive handled by another company. It's a nice win for Omaha, but those positions will be hard to fill in light of the market.
ricko
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am

Re: FSC Edge - 13831 Chalco Valley Parkway

Post by ricko »

I read the article in the WH. Aside from the skilled-level tech jobs, Scheuber mentions that the bulk of the entry level jobs will be data-entry. He also mentions that the company will be competing for labor with the fast-food industry. This tells me that the pay will be very low. Frankly, if I had to choose between a fast-food job and a mind-numbing data entry job, I'd choose fast-food. At least I'd get to interact with other people. I have a feeling this company will have a hard time filling most positions in this job market, and I'd also expect them to have high turnover, even in a bad job market.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: FSC Edge - 13831 Chalco Valley Parkway

Post by ita »

ricko wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:42 pm I read the article in the WH. Aside from the skilled-level tech jobs, Scheuber mentions that the bulk of the entry level jobs will be data-entry. He also mentions that the company will be competing for labor with the fast-food industry. This tells me that the pay will be very low. Frankly, if I had to choose between a fast-food job and a mind-numbing data entry job, I'd choose fast-food. At least I'd get to interact with other people. I have a feeling this company will have a hard time filling most positions in this job market, and I'd also expect them to have high turnover, even in a bad job market.
I had similar thoughts regarding hiring and location of this office. I know I've brought this up, but the chamber, mapa and ometro have heard from the numerous new employees in the southwest part of tow that they have missed out on potential employees because of transportation issues. I understand this office was always going to be in the suburbs. However, with these type of non skilled office or even warehousing jobs, I would like to see the employers locate themselves close to transit, like the oakview area or even around 108th and q. I would not be surprised that next year this company is struggling to fill these data entry positions, especially if the pay is low.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2518
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: FSC Edge - 13831 Chalco Valley Parkway

Post by ChadJK »

Looks like this place closed up December 2023. It seems they lost their biggest contract and had to abruptly shut down.