There was a report not that long ago that was listing the top franchises to buy into. (Low investment with big payouts)
Top of the list was car washes and mini storage facilities. I'm seeing these opening all over now.
I have to say...the kids were pretty entertained when we tried Russell Speeders on Maple. A guy dressed as a yeti jumping out from the trash cans to spray the car with soap.
The car wash boom is down here too. Within 5 miles of my house there at least 7 big car washes. Usually a ‘Coming Soon’ sign in the area says car wash or storage units.
ProgKingHughesker wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:30 am
I gotta be honest, the giant rotating Russell Speeder with a pole up his arse at 680 and Center still creeps me the heck out
When do we start speculating on what all of the carwashes will become after the market is over-saturated? Probably CDB oil retailers or Chiropractor offices.
ChadJK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:00 pm
When do we start speculating on what all of the carwashes will become after the market is over-saturated? Probably CDB oil retailers or Chiropractor offices.
Drive through liquor stores
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
ChadJK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:00 pm
When do we start speculating on what all of the carwashes will become after the market is over-saturated? Probably CDB oil retailers or Chiropractor offices.
Drive through liquor stores
I think Mega Saver has first dibs on every location. However since they close down every car wash that they have acquired by purchasing an existing gas station I would have to guess they will NOT be washing cars.
ChadJK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:00 pm
When do we start speculating on what all of the carwashes will become after the market is over-saturated? Probably CDB oil retailers or Chiropractor offices.
Sit abandoned from 1 to 100 years depending on location.
If someone wants to pay $20 + for one carwash with free vacuums to cleanup the crumbs from their $5 cupcake, more power to them. I believe in capitalism and free enterprise, but don't partake in a good amount of it
bbinks wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:29 pm
If someone wants to pay $20 + for one carwash with free vacuums to cleanup the crumbs from their $5 cupcake, more power to them. I believe in capitalism and free enterprise, but don't partake in a good amount of it
Just to keep things accurate, the basic was at Tommy's is $10 per wash and 24.99 / Month for unlimited.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
bbinks wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:29 pm
If someone wants to pay $20 + for one carwash with free vacuums to cleanup the crumbs from their $5 cupcake, more power to them. I believe in capitalism and free enterprise, but don't partake in a good amount of it
Just to keep things accurate, the basic was at Tommy's is $10 per wash and 24.99 / Month for unlimited.
And mid grade washes and rocket or club are 17 to 22 for one. Waste of money.
Word is Rocket has been getting complaints about damaged vehicles. I can say for sure that their 90th st location packs the cars in tight, and you feel a lot of movement in the vehicle during the wash. Feels like they’re scrubbing the paint off. I noticed they have a disclaimer that they’re not responsible for vehicles that are ten+ years old. Who in the actual f says “your car is old, so we can’t be responsible for breaking it even though we apply way too much pressure”?
We have the opposite problem where I live. I have a crappy car wash in my neighborhood, but have to drive 5 miles to a decent one, and that costs close to $40 for inside and out. The last time I was there (mid-day on a weekday) I waited 35 minutes in line. The only saving grace is that my complex has a car wash bay for free, when the weather is good—-it’s just about to close up for the winter. I think the overhead here is costly. I’d rather have Omaha’s problem than ours.
It’s not just Omaha. Our neighborhood in Puerto Vallarta is getting a second car wash. I have no idea what it will charge as we don’t own a car here. No winter grime down here but salt air and months of dusty conditions so maybe it makes sense.
My Omaha car wash has a big sign warning pickup truck drivers that their truck bed must be 100% empty before entering the car wash. Down here that would often mean that Mom, 3 kids and a dog would first need to vacate the truck bed.
I LOVE detailing and restoring cars. I wish Omaha had a big detail market like other cities do. DIY Detail and others are a good start, and I hope to see more. Detailing your car is all about the right chemicals and equipment, which can be really cheap if you know where to look.
nativeomahan wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:46 am
The sign is up for yet another Tommy’s car wash near 87th and West Center Rd., in front of the Goodwill store.
That sign has been up for almost a year now. It was posted about in the Tommy's Thread.
there's a Tommy's going in by hy-vee/menards in CB. Construction is underway, but there's a casey's literally next door to it, so i wonder if there's going to be some partnership?
thenewguy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:09 pm
there's a Tommy's going in by hy-vee/menards in CB. Construction is underway, but there's a casey's literally next door to it, so i wonder if there's going to be some partnership?
Partnership. Not likely
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Russell Speeder's seems to be leading the pack with 10 Omaha area car washes. Club Car Wash is the second biggest chain of car washes in Omaha with 8 locations. Rocket Car Washes has 7 and Tommy's Express has 5.