Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
-
Guest
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Steak&Shake has become a member of the Nebraska Restaurant Association, and is looking for franchisees to expand here. Not sure if that is a rumor, since they really did join the NRA (Nebraska Restaurant Association) and they really are looking for franchisees here, but until one is actually announced, I guess it might qualify.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Oops, I forgot to log in...that was me. 
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Last time I heard a sentence combining "Steak" and "Shake" it was on an annoying "Shake 'n Bake" commercial. What's the scoop on Steak & Shake?
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Yet another option..
Thanks for the heads up Chef..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Thanks for the heads up Chef..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110960
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
http://www.steaknshake.com/default-home.asp
Been to them a few times when living in Iowa. Not sure what catagory to put them in. Not quite a fast food joint but not a sit down joint like Applebee's TGI Friday's Ect.
Decent food, at least a few years back. Would be a nice adition to the area.
Been to them a few times when living in Iowa. Not sure what catagory to put them in. Not quite a fast food joint but not a sit down joint like Applebee's TGI Friday's Ect.
Decent food, at least a few years back. Would be a nice adition to the area.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
http://www.steaknshake.com/default-home.asp
Kinda like a Culvers type fast food resturant. Still fast food but much better than your McDs or BK type.
Kinda like a Culvers type fast food resturant. Still fast food but much better than your McDs or BK type.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Looking at their website they come across like a sit down restaurant -- i would say similar to Hollywood diner (on the inside)not a sit down joint like Applebee's TGI Friday's
Last edited by Uffda on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110960
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
As Wags says Culvers is a good comparison.
Looks like there shouldn't be a problem problem finding their web site!
Looks like there shouldn't be a problem problem finding their web site!
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Based on one of their TV ads off their site -- Culvers/Mac/BK would be Workaurants (their word not mine) At SteaknShake you sit they do the work.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
I thought we already had one of these. I guess not.
I see the one on the way to Chicago in Iowa City all the time. I always say I'm going to stop there but I never do.
I see the one on the way to Chicago in Iowa City all the time. I always say I'm going to stop there but I never do.
DTO
-
Guest
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Oh god, not Steak n Shake! The only place I have ever gotten food poisoning...

-
GuyInLenexa
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 3:18 am
- Location: Olathe, KS
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
The Food Channel showed S&S as having one of the best milk shakes in the nation, they still hand dip their ice cream instead of using soft serve in them.
I love their burgers and they are 24/7, sit or dine in. A great place to go afer the clubs close for us suburbanites.
Not elite, but a good place to eat. I did not mean that to rhyme.
GIL
I love their burgers and they are 24/7, sit or dine in. A great place to go afer the clubs close for us suburbanites.
Not elite, but a good place to eat. I did not mean that to rhyme.
GIL
Ich Bin Ein Omahan !
-
Guest
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
I went to the one in KC, the food wasn't too bad.
Their milkshake and it was pretty good.
Their milkshake and it was pretty good.
-
shengs75
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:18 pm
- Location: I'm west of 72nd, so I guess that's West Omaha.
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
same here. It was just OK for me. I view it as a fast food restaurant.Anonymous wrote:I went to the one in KC, the food wasn't too bad.
Their milkshake and it was pretty good.
-
Guest
Re: Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Isn't that what used to be in Westroads? Maybe it was Steak and Fry?
Anonymous wrote:Steak&Shake has become a member of the Nebraska Restaurant Association, and is looking for franchisees to expand here. Not sure if that is a rumor, since they really did join the NRA (Nebraska Restaurant Association) and they really are looking for franchisees here, but until one is actually announced, I guess it might qualify.
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Re: Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
sorry, I wasn't logged in when I posted.
Anonymous wrote:Isn't that what used to be in Westroads? Maybe it was Steak and Fry?
Anonymous wrote:Steak&Shake has become a member of the Nebraska Restaurant Association, and is looking for franchisees to expand here. Not sure if that is a rumor, since they really did join the NRA (Nebraska Restaurant Association) and they really are looking for franchisees here, but until one is actually announced, I guess it might qualify.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110960
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Not sure of the name of what was at the Westroads but it wasn't Steak & Shake.Anonymous wrote:Isn't that what used to be in Westroads? Maybe it was Steak and Fry?
Anonymous wrote:Steak&Shake has become a member of the Nebraska Restaurant Association, and is looking for franchisees to expand here. Not sure if that is a rumor, since they really did join the NRA (Nebraska Restaurant Association) and they really are looking for franchisees here, but until one is actually announced, I guess it might qualify.
-
w8ing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 674
- Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 4:32 pm
- Location: Twin Cities
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Westroads was steak n fry.
Steak n Shake has a drive thru. Been to one in St. Louis. It has a drive-thru. Anything with a drive-thru I consider fast food - if you're getting it within 5 minutes or so of ordering which is most drive thrus unless some dimwit ahead of you used the drive thru to order 20 burgers.
Steak n Shake has a drive thru. Been to one in St. Louis. It has a drive-thru. Anything with a drive-thru I consider fast food - if you're getting it within 5 minutes or so of ordering which is most drive thrus unless some dimwit ahead of you used the drive thru to order 20 burgers.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Steak and Shake
Trenton said on Grow Omaha that hear heard a Rumor Steak and Shake my build in the old Taco Bueno on 171th and Center.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110960
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
That is actually a good location IMO and I am suprised it is still empty.
On another note, how is it that the Taco Bueno up North on 72nd I beleive open when all other locations in Lincoln and Omaha closed? Is there a different owner for that one location.
The Taco Beuno on N 84th street in Lincoln recently was converted and opened as a ( I believe) Taco John's
On another note, how is it that the Taco Bueno up North on 72nd I beleive open when all other locations in Lincoln and Omaha closed? Is there a different owner for that one location.
The Taco Beuno on N 84th street in Lincoln recently was converted and opened as a ( I believe) Taco John's
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Wasn't there a Steak and Shake in Council Bluffs until just recently?
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:39 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
If there was, it's news to me.Bosco55David wrote:Wasn't there a Steak and Shake in Council Bluffs until just recently?
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan
--William Jennings Bryan
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
I used to live in CB and I sure don't remember it.icejammer wrote:If there was, it's news to me.Bosco55David wrote:Wasn't there a Steak and Shake in Council Bluffs until just recently?
Perhaps you're thinking of the drive-in (forget the name) down by Manawa?
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Yeah, I must have confused it with another restaurant. A quick Google search doesn't turn up any record of a Steak and Shake in Omaha.
My bad.
My bad.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Quaker Steak and Lube?Bosco55David wrote:Wasn't there a Steak and Shake in Council Bluffs until just recently?
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
No, I knew they were there (I go to the one here in Pinellas Park alot).Coyote wrote:Quaker Steak and Lube?Bosco55David wrote:Wasn't there a Steak and Shake in Council Bluffs until just recently?
-
Guest
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
This is true about the Steak and Shake opening in the old Taco Bueno on West Center. I know the owner.
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
They are great. Not fast food. More diner food. Great shakes. Great burgers. Definitely a big step up from fast food. Not pricey like 5 guys or fat burger or whatever.
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Yeah, Steak and Shake isn't bad. The shakes are awesome indeed.Bob from Omaha wrote:They are great. Not fast food. More diner food. Great shakes. Great burgers. Definitely a big step up from fast food. Not pricey like 5 guys or fat burger or whatever.
-
SabrinaFaire
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 am
- Location: NW Omaha
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
OMG!!!! Please let this be true!! When?? I need me some shakes!! This is the best news I've heard all week!!
-
JPenny
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:13 pm
- Location: Omaha
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
This would be awesome!!!
-
Bryan1117
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:30 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE (Millard)
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Both Omaha and Lincoln are listed for "Franchise Opportunities..."
http://careers.steaknshake.com/franchis ... ystate.asp

http://careers.steaknshake.com/franchis ... ystate.asp
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3276
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Steak and Shake
171th and Thenter? That's Thantastic!Brad wrote:Trenton said on Grow Omaha that hear heard a Rumor Steak and Shake my build in the old Taco Bueno on 171th and Center.
-
chaoman45
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
The Taco Bueno at 6512 N. 72d is doing fine. Yes, the franchise locations have closed, as well as the one out West. The GM of the remaining Taco Bueno was a former Assistant Manager at the other Omaha location.nebugeater wrote:That is actually a good location IMO and I am suprised it is still empty.
On another note, how is it that the Taco Bueno up North on 72nd I beleive open when all other locations in Lincoln and Omaha closed? Is there a different owner for that one location.
The Taco Beuno on N 84th street in Lincoln recently was converted and opened as a ( I believe) Taco John's
And I'm glad the old building is finally being utilised. It's a shame having to pour so much money into something that doesn't even last 2 years, and then not having it being used for another 3.
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3276
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
The one in Lincoln on N 84th became a Taco Johns.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110960
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
Driving by the one on N27th in Lincoln on Sat they have signs up on the building and an opeing soon banner for a Fazoli’sTitosBuritoBarn wrote:The one in Lincoln on N 84th became a Taco Johns.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
baker's associates
Steak&Shake To Enter Nebraska
rumor is that baker's is going to put in gas pumps on the taco bueno site.Anonymous wrote:is this still a go?